Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: six oil line question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
i am runnning a 914-6 oil tank and need to know which lines run to which orfice....
the motor oil cooler line runs to........? where
and the pasenger oil outlet runs to.....? where
thanks
michel richard
The bigger theaded outlet on the tank, on the bottom of the tank connects to the engine mounted oil cooler. In stock form, there's a two piece oil line that makes the connection. You diconnect the line in the middle to drain your oil.
The other fitting, on the side of the tank, which faces the engine compartment when the tank is installed, connects to the passenger side outlet of the engine (with the engine in the 914 orientation). Stock, there's a long hard line that goes from the passenger side outlet, forward to near the firewall, then turns left, ducks under the engine, or engine mount, then up to just under the forward left corner of the engine sheet metal. From there, there's a short rubber hose that connects to the tank.

HTH

J P Stein
From the pass side of the engine to the tank. Note that this tank fitting also servers to hold the tank
tight against the sheet metal at the bottom of the tank.
J P Stein
From the bottom of the tank to the attachment under the engine oil cooler. I used the stock 914/6 hose....or what passes for such these days. It's just a bit longer than the stocker, me thinks. It really simplyfies installation as all the fittings ....ah..fit. The hose fitment on the bottom tank is a stinker and must be installed on the tank before installing the tank in place....at least that was my experience.
Dr Evil
Yup, attach hose to cooler first, then attach cooler. You will do it the second time dry.gif

JP, what and were did you get the thing between the return hose and the tank that is holding the tank in place? I have a full stock setup and never saw anything like that.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 14 2006, 05:47 AM) *

JP, what and were did you get the thing between the return hose and the tank that is holding the tank in place? I have a full stock setup and never saw anything like that.

In this exploded view...about the only gud thing from AA... it's 'hexagon nut 900 183 006 02' & 'seal ring 901 107 679 10'.
Mine is jury rigged using the metric to AN adaptor.
It made sense to me to have the bottom of the tank firmly attached.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.