Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Tuscany and a Real Porsche Club
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Everyone who worked so hard getting the site back together has our thanks. This is my internet 'home' and when it isn't working, a fun part of my day is gone. Love the bantering.

While all this computer and rust repair stuff in great, there are other clubs that seem to do things a bit better. Now that we are about to become a 'Real' club, consider the model of Porsche Club Toscana.

Marianne and I are visiting Tuscany this fall, so of course I checked in with the gang there to scope the happenings. They have some pretty fun events, including a rerun of the Mille Miglia route. 1000 miles around Italy checking out the best roads and restaurants. Monthly dinners, day trips, track events, CW stuff, and Ferrari bashing.

They're having some issues with their site at the moment, too, but here's a link to the Yahoo search with the translator built in. Wander around a bit, and get some ideas. Equal doses of Porsches, food, grappa, and beautiful women. Toscana

And check some pix here.

dweymer
QUOTE(Howard @ Apr 14 2006, 09:11 AM) *

Everyone who worked so hard getting the site back together has our thanks. This is my internet 'home' and when it isn't working, a fun part of my day is gone. Love the bantering.

While all this computer and rust repair stuff in great, there are other clubs that seem to do things a bit better. Now that we are about to become a 'Real' club, consider the model of Porsche Club Toscana.

Marianne and I are visiting Tuscany this fall, so of course I checked in with the gang there to scope the happenings. They have some pretty fun events, including a rerun of the Mille Miglia route. 1000 miles around Italy checking out the best roads and restaurants. Monthly dinners, day trips, track events, CW stuff, and Ferrari bashing.

They're having some issues with their site at the moment, too, but here's a link to the Yahoo search with the translator built in. Wander around a bit, and get some ideas. Equal doses of Porsches, food, grappa, and beautiful women. Toscana

And check some pix here.

Well it looks like a ten year anniversary trip there may work out(wife is bugging me for Italy as opposed to France/Germany. When are you going?
Howard
10/28-11/4 Med Cruise. Italy 10/31 - 11/2. Rented an Alfa. 4 seats biggrin.gif
TonyAKAVW
We're going to Italy for about 10 days in late September. We're hitting the northern half though, maybe a day or two in Switzerland.

I like that silver/black GT 914 in those pictures, very cool combination of colors.

-Tony

QUOTE(Howard @ Apr 14 2006, 04:42 PM) *

10/28-11/4 Med Cruise. Italy 10/31 - 11/2. Rented an Alfa. 4 seats biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.