Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GROUP BUY ON HELMETS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
I was going to post a poll to gauge interest, but that does not seem to be an option at the moment. (unless i'm missing something) wacko.gif

I have a contact for discounted helmets, and thought I would see if anyone here was interested.

Anyone interested in discounted helmets or products from BELL or PYROTECT? You can view your choices HERE The pyrotects are nice, because they feature a removable liner.

I need to see how much interest there is before I can tell you the discounted amount, but it will probably be 10% - 15% off of the lowest listed price, depending on the ordered amount. smile.gif

Each order will be drop shipped to the individual, AND THEY SHIP QUICKLY, if in stock. All items are exchangable to Pyrotect, but they do have a restocking fee. Some SA models are currently on backorder.
Britain Smith
I am game. I really need to get a helmet for the AX season. I was looking at the Bell Open-Face ones. Probably a SNELL2000, maybe a 2005 if the price is right.

-Britain
Britain Smith
Why are the Bell helmet so much more expensive? Are they that much better?

-Britain
blitZ
I might be interested depending on price. I've been looking for an AX helmet on ebay sa2000 or even m2000 since they are acceptible and there are more to choose from.
TROJANMAN
ALL HELMETS WILL BE SNELL 2005
(SA or M, your choice)

Pyrotects are distributed by Bell, but manufactured in a foreign land. Bell's are made in the US. That may be the biggest reason for a price difference.
gregrobbins
Interested in a full face SA
Britain Smith
Alright, I am in for an open-face Pyrotect SA2005. Are we going to do this soon, I need a helmet before the end of the month.

-Britain
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Apr 14 2006, 09:12 AM) *

Alright, I am in for an open-face Pyrotect SA2005. Are we going to do this soon, I need a helmet before the end of the month.
-Britain

I need 10 orders.
street legal go-kart
I'm in
pm me when we have to get the order together
I need to try on what ever I will buy cause my head is so big dry.gif

jt
TROJANMAN
Search here for a dealer near you

I suggest trying a helmet on before purchase.
jhadler
Bell and Pyrotect use the same design for the shell. But Bell is made in the US and Pyrotect is made in China. So I would say materials and labor will be the difference in price. No, they are NOT the same helmets. The same shell will fit VERY differently between the Bell and Pyrotect. The liner and foam shell are different shapes. I found the Bell didn't fit me AT ALL, while the Pyrotect fit okay. But everyone's head is differently shaped, and what fits for one person may not fit at all for another person.

I wish Arai helmets hadn't gotten so expensive, they fit me GREAT. But the prices have gone way up since I last bought a helmet....

-Josh2

QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Apr 14 2006, 07:21 AM) *

Why are the Bell helmet so much more expensive? Are they that much better?

-Britain

McMark
I'm in for a:

M Series Open Face SKU53

Cheapest of the bunch, in true 914 fasion. lol2.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 02:19 PM) *

I'm in for a:

M Series Open Face SKU53

I didn't see an option for those with "too much" hair driving-girl.gif hahahaha
echocanyons
I am intersted too.
J P Stein
Humm.....I need a new one also.....but I'll prolly buy from a
local race shop. It's gud to keep them guys in biddness.
Joe Bob
I would be interested in an Open faced 2005 pyro.....
TROJANMAN
I am going to bump this post until Sunday. I am waiting to hear back from the rep to finanlize details. smile.gif

I suggest that if you are serious about wanting a helmet, that everyone try and find a place to try one on. There are also measuring instructions at www.pyrotect.com

Race suits/gloves/etc, are also available for purchase.

If I can make this work, I will personally pay for the order, but only after I receive payment via PayPal. Helmets are exchangable to Pyrotect, directly, but they do charge a restocking fee, so please make an effort to try one on. Worst case scenario, you could probably sell the helmet to someone else who it might fit better and order another one. dry.gif
I will take orders on Monday, then call the rep to check availability. If you have already decided you want one, please email me your request at www.gregorbeme@hotmail.com (model/size/color/M or SA/Shipping Address) I will reply with Paypal instructions once all orders are in.

I ordered a few for the Colorado Gang already, and the order went both smoothly and quickly. We had helmets within a week of my intial order.
I will tell you, however, that some of the SA helmets are on backorder. But, unless you plan on doing wheel to wheel racing, an M rated helmet should suffice. (just my opinion)

All helmets will be shipped directly form Pyrotect.

I am take responsibility, and risk people getting pissed at me, for the coordination of this group buy, but still reserve the right to say finger.gif

biggrin.gif

p.s. I guarantee nothing
Rider914
No Non-Club Logo?

confused24.gif
blitZ
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2006, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 02:19 PM) *

I'm in for a:

M Series Open Face SKU53

I didn't see an option for those with "too much" hair driving-girl.gif hahahaha

I believe that one comes with an open top.
Bruce Allert
I'd like to see what the price break would be on a SKU54 before I could comit.

.......b
Dad Roberts
I'm interested.............Dad
blitZ
I guess this purchase attempt is dead?
Brett W
Before you buy a helmet consider this, an M rated helmet is not legal for auto racing. You must have an SA 2005 helmet. Open face helmets are nice for autocross but when you vehicle catches fire for some reason they are not the best option. You might look at some sort of full face helmet.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 25 2006, 04:37 AM) *

I guess this purchase attempt is dead?

Still alive. THere was not as much interest as I expected, so I am talking with my contact to see if she will accept a lesser order. Will post more info soon. smile.gif

TROJANMAN
Here's the Deal:

10% off the lowest price of any product listed at www.pyrotect.com
(10 helmet purchase required)

If we can get 15 helmet orders, then the discount will go to 15%.

FYI: Most closed face SA helmets are on backorder.

Email me your request, and I will check on availablity.

www.gregorbeme@hotmail.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.