Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9:14 Breakfast in Santa Clara Sep 27
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
Our only monthly chance to get together in the Southbay happens once again...on Saturday September 27.

9:14 am of course. Bring your friends and show em what a real car is all about!

Let everyone oogle and critique your car...and critique theirs! We can't seem to get enough of this mutual abuse.

Oh and...there is a high probability that one of our friends will bring his newly restored 916...

The October 9:14 breakfast will be our last organized breakfast until January 2004...so come get your fill to last you through the holidays before its too late.

cool.gif
JeffBowlsby
Can you say...P-cakes? I wonder if IHOP would make us a special round of 914 shaped P-cakes..??
silver six
I can make this one. I want to see the 916.

Douglas
Scott Carlberg
is there a reason we don't go for a drive, driving.gif
after chatting & verbally abusing one another?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Sep 17 2003, 05:38 PM)
is there a reason we don't go for a drive, driving.gif
after chatting & verbally abusing one another?

- food coma
- too hot
- too lazy
- didn't bring my 914 today
- got to get home and work on the car
- i met this girl last night and we were planning on ...

need more?
Andy
Scott Carlberg
No Sir!
silver six
So we're going to have a good turn out this weekend, right? There's going to be a 916 and Jenny's silver makeover car ("Brad's Eye for the Straight Girl") and trapese artists and trained elephants and dozens and dozens of clowns jammed into a little car. Right? Cool.

Douglas
Jenny
Sorry Douglas, I'll be down in huntington beach this weekend to celebrate my brother's birthday (coincidentally, it's also Chris Campbell's bday)

Meet up at Hooters tonight!!

Jen
fiid
I'm going to be at the PCA autocross in Candlestick with my Subaru....

mad.gif on not having the 914 - smile.gif on aggressive driving - sad.gif on having to miss out on a 914 breakfast.

Fiid.
olav
Swedish pancakes!! boldblue.gif
Brad Roberts
Iced tea boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Sep 17 2003, 12:41 PM)
Oh and...there is a high probability that one of our friends will bring his newly restored 916...

it's looking good. altough the owner might has to stay at brads house friday night to make it to the breakfast in time sat. morning. icon8.gif

cool.gif Andy
SirAndy
pin and bump beerchug.gif
krk
It's looking good for my showing up tomorrow. No 914, but oh well -- not like that's all that surprising :-)

kim.
sj914
How many 914's are expected to this breakfast?
Brad Roberts
We usually have 8-10 cars and 18-20 people. For some reason NOBODY shows up to these events..

B
Jenny
Damn! The ONE time I miss breakfast, and Kim actually shows!!

Jen
krk
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 27 2003, 08:23 AM)
Damn! The ONE time I miss breakfast, and Kim actually shows!!

Jen

Ha! Jen, you missed out -- I had to cut out too quickly so I missed any apres-eat chat, but we had at least three first-timer's out! I shot a couple of quick pic's as I exit-ed, which I'll post once I get them loaded up. (Mr. Bowlsby has another bumblee-owner in the neighborhood)

kim.
anthony
Here's a few pics:

Keith and Andy:
anthony
What's in Andy's trunk?
anthony
It must be something good:
anthony
They don't care what's in the trunk:
anthony
the lineup:
anthony
Nobody cares what's in the trunk.
anthony
Brian's nice signal orange car:
SirAndy
yes! i made it! smilie_pokal.gif
the first real day of driving after more than 1 and a 1/2 years. how did i managed without????

still have quite some work to do, but the car runs and drives fine. didn't even have time to change oil. (we worked until 2am this morning to get my car and Mr. Assholes Wife's car ready).
just realized, i didn't even check the oil level before i took off. unsure.gif

200+ miles today. stress-testing that little old 1.8 rolleyes.gif
damm nice to be back on the road ...

Andy
sj914
I was impressed by all the cars that showed up.

I think the only thing in the trunk was Andy's hood shocks.
krk
All those cars and I took 5 pics -- I usually shoot 100 (love digital cameras -- shot lots and discard the crap -- hm -- I usually end up with 5 good ones... lol)

I'm probably sinning -- I cut them down to 720x640 (I usually shoot in max res), and for jpg compression, just under the 300M limit. Those on bandwidth challenged lines will hate this. If anyone wants the higher res pics, shoot me a pm.

Pic 1. Bunch of 914's.
krk
Pic 2 -- similar to pic 1 - tried to get the end cars in.
krk
Pic 3 - Andy's 914 - Good to see it on the road again!
krk
Pic 4. Bret's car. /6 conversion, 2.7, webers, gt-style hood. I'm probably spelling Bret's name incorrectly, and I didn't get his last name. (yeh, I'm great in sales meetings. lol) But it was good to meet him, and the car looked very clean. I would like to have been able to stick around to hear it. Next time.
krk
Pic 5 - Olav's 3.2 /6. I never tire of seeing his car!
Brad Roberts
Great shots Kim.. clap56.gif
krk
Yeh, I wish I'd had a bit more time -- there were quite a few great looking cars that deserved a few shots and I got no engine pics. Ah well -- I was on borrowed time and late enough picking up my SO (points -= 5; lol) as it was. I'll have to post a pic of what Jen didn't get since she didn't show :-)

kim.
Jenny
Swedish pancakes??? confused24.gif

Jen
Brad Roberts
Olav had some..

He was looking for more..

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(anthony @ Sep 27 2003, 08:37 PM)
What's in Andy's trunk?

the real attraction was all the sand that is still seeping out of the cracks from the sandblasting.

arrrgh,
Andy
krk
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 28 2003, 10:58 AM)

Jen

kidding of course -- I knew you wouldn't be there. But the garage cleaning I mentioned to you earlier has begun, and the long lost parts we talked about are popping out. This is the rare black abs plastic dash-wannabe that I know your car is craving!

laugh.gif

kim.
Carl
Hey Kim,
Judging from the stains on the concrete it looks like somebody swiped your teener!

C
krk
QUOTE(Carl @ Sep 28 2003, 03:54 PM)
Hey Kim,
Judging from the stains on the concrete it looks like somebody swiped your teener!

C

laugh.gif

I was thinking about that when I shot that photo -- you can see the shadow of the offending 914 at the top of the pic! The leaks are tranny leaks -- hm... if it drop the engine to fix the alternator... oh oh ...

kim.
olav
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 28 2003, 10:58 AM)

Jen

Yeah baby!! aktion035.gif
Jenny
Kim,
Drool.... it looks so pretty.

Sorry I missed the crowd. First breakfast I've missed all year, I think. Looks like there was a great turn out and everyone had fun.

Jen
sj914
Looks like a 914 car lot. clap56.gif
JeffBowlsby
Andys
JeffBowlsby
Andys
JeffBowlsby
Andys
JeffBowlsby
Andys
JeffBowlsby
Andys
JeffBowlsby
Andys
JeffBowlsby
Jeff Keysers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.