Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dallas area Suspension help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thewheel69
Hey gang,
Anyone in the Dallas area know of a good place to get some suspension parts that would be in stock? (I want to work on my girl in prep for the Talamena run next weekend)

I need springs and struts. I was going to order from PP but waited too long...

Thanks in advance and its great to have the site back up!!!
ArtechnikA
Call Zims.
tat2dphreak
if Zim's doesn't have it, call paragon, they can get the stuff to you quick... talk to Jason
thewheel69
Can you give me a bit more info on Paragon? Are they local? I cannot find on Google... Zims didnt have anything in stock.
rhodyguy
order line for paragon is 800-200-9366. info line is (361)289-8834.

k
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(thewheel69 @ Apr 14 2006, 10:58 AM) *

Can you give me a bit more info on Paragon? Are they local? I cannot find on Google... Zims didnt have anything in stock.

http://www.paragon-products.com/

they are in corpus... and are quickly becoming the first vendor I check... they were cheaper on all the suspension parts than Pelican, and got them out fast! suspension is their A-game!

thewheel69
Mucho Gracias!
spare time toys
Whatcha needn I got some parts just laying around. They are here in the Dallas area. Call my cell Ill PM you the number and we will see if I hvae what you need.
dagdal1967
I was really disappointed with ZIMS last time I went in.. (2 days ago).

I told them that I bought a new '14 and might want some work done on it and they basically told me outright that they don't do 914's any more.... Only the odd thing, but that was only for LONG TERM customers.

Kinda pissed me off!

I went to Mayo Performance (just down the road) and they were happy to answer all the questions I had and were way more friendly.

Am I missing something?

Doug
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ Apr 14 2006, 03:50 PM) *

I told them that I bought a new '14 and might want some work done on it and they basically told me outright that they don't do 914's any more.... Only the odd thing, but that was only for LONG TERM customers.

Kinda pissed me off!

I went to Mayo Performance (just down the road) and they were happy to answer all the questions I had and were way more friendly.

Am I missing something?

Doug

Ed Mayo is VERY knowledgeable with our cars as well as 911's.

Plus he's a nice guy to boot.

I don't know how much he can help you with parts though.

Wouldn't hurt to give him a call.

I wouldn't worry if you don't get everything completed as planned before Talimena. It's just a road tour.

Joseph
ClayPerrine

Kinda pissed me off!

Am I missing something?

Doug

A little over a year ago Al Zim tried to convince me to go back to fixing cars working for him. He needed someone who knows 914s. But he can't pay me what I make in the computer field.

The 914 is getting old, and there are not many people who will pay a shop to work on them. Zim's will sell you parts for you 914, but Mayo's is the place to go if you want someone to fix them. Zim and Mayo were partners years ago, but now they are just friends.

If you need someone in the Dallas area, give Wes Hildreth a call at H &H. He is in Plano, and he knows 914s.

If you just want advise, give me a call. I will come over and help you out.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 14 2006, 06:48 PM) *

Kinda pissed me off!

Am I missing something?

Doug

A little over a year ago Al Zim tried to convince me to go back to fixing cars working for him. He needed someone who knows 914s. But he can't pay me what I make in the computer field.

The 914 is getting old, and there are not many people who will pay a shop to work on them. Zim's will sell you parts for you 914, but Mayo's is the place to go if you want someone to fix them. Zim and Mayo were partners years ago, but now they are just friends.

If you need someone in the Dallas area, give Wes Hildreth a call at H &H. He is in Plano, and he knows 914s.

If you just want advise, give me a call. I will come over and help you out.

if you need work done, Wes is a great person! very knowldgeable!! I have him on speed dial on my cell... smiley_notworthy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.