Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody want to buy an overpriced car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
$35,000 914/6

Maybe they're worth this much, but if it's been sitting since 1988, it will need a nearly complete rebuild to be drivable. Obviously, driving isn't part of the plan...
ArtechnikA
Hmmmm -- "bone stock" US car with Euro turn signals F&R - and side markers...
if that's original 1971 silver paint, it's the only early-'70s silver car on the planet that hasn't had the paint fade/haze/craze. they *all* did that, especially in the lower lattitudes, and Porsche paid to have a bunch of metallic 911's repainted.

still - ya gotta start high, 'cause there's no way to raise the price in the face of overwhelming response ... quite a coup if s/he can get it. especially when I think what mine sold for... icon8.gif
drewvw

"low mileage" car with 119K? I hope she meant 19K....
Gustl
... , one of only 2200 ever made, ...

I knew that real /6 are pretty rare, but this is too rare dry.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 14 2006, 11:28 AM) *

119K is low mileage for a 30 year old car...I've got a few cars that are less than 5 years old with many more miles on them than that 914 smile.gif

Dead Air
He certainly went crazy with the photos.
Do I hear $15,000, anybody?
rhodyguy
the shine is brighter/shade off on the frt hood dry.gif (on my screen). compare it to the head light covers.

k
drewvw
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2006, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 14 2006, 11:28 AM) *

119K is low mileage for a 30 year old car...I've got a few cars that are less than 5 years old with many more miles on them than that 914 smile.gif

logically, that certainly make sense...but IMHO low mileage is low mileage. I have 91K on my 914 and I wouldn't consider it low mileage. But 50k on a 30 year old car......
Flat VW
Someone is dreaming. screwy.gif

If that paint is right (as if one can actually tell much of anything about paint from photos) the body, eyebrows and headlamp paint cloors do not seem to match.

John
cooltimes
Look in the 914club classified. There is one for $16K that same color. It is in PR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.