Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: arrghhhh board email screwed up ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Hey McMark, i don't have much time today, maybe you can look into this, the BBS software puts the member id in front of the email addy and then the sending fails, obviously ...

like so:

email on file: me@myself.com
email used for sending: 2789-me@myself.com

WTF.gif
McMark
I'll take a look.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 11:46 AM) *

I'll take a look.

i can forward you the 439 bounced emails since yesterday, if that helps!
w00t.gif Andy
McMark
No thanks. I can see them in the error logs. It's not affecting all members, so I think something is causing this. For example, maybe by changing your email address (new feature since 1.1?) it causes this. Testing now...
McMark
Well it isn't caused by changing your email address. I'll just write a PHP script to strip them out and then wait to see if they come back.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 12:03 PM) *

Well it isn't caused by changing your email address. I'll just write a PHP script to strip them out and then wait to see if they come back.

oh, so it's actually in the DB ???

hum, must have been some leftover from the data migration scripts ...
blink.gif Andy
Jenny
Hey guys,

We really appreciate all you're doing to get the board up and running back to normal. And even upgrading some stuff. But definately don't let this ruin your Easter weekend. For now, we're still non-paying non-members of this club, so don't let anyone give you shit for it. I'm happy the board's back up. Sure, we don't have emails. And no blogs. But you know what? We didn't have blogs for a long time before McMark set that up, and we did alright without it. All admins should have a nice weekend with their families and loved ones, and pick this back up when it doesn't feel like such a chore.

Thanks again, guys!

Jen
rick 918-S
pm's are working.
drewvw
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 14 2006, 12:12 PM) *

hum, must have been some leftover from the data migration scripts ...
blink.gif Andy

migrating and updating sure is fun! biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Ah, good. I am not the only one smile.gif

You guys are awsome.
Sammy
Maybe it will help if everyone replies directly to the e-mails they get wink.gif chair.gif
McMark
Okay, fixed the DB. That was a fun SQL QUERY to write. wacko.gif That's the biggest one I written, that's some cool shit.
Aaron Cox
rock on mcmark boldblue.gif
drgchapman
Looks good from my house!

Gotta love the computer nerds. aktion035.gif
Brad Roberts
migrating and updating sure is fun!

Especially when it isnt planned.

B
bryanc
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 01:41 PM) *

Okay, fixed the DB. That was a fun SQL QUERY to write. wacko.gif That's the biggest one I written, that's some cool shit.

SQL kicks ass. Once you get it, it's easy. Explaining it to someone can be a real challenge..... headbang.gif
effutuo101
914 's, racing, and geeks. My kind of board!
Thank you all for your motiviated support of this web site. It is a life line on long bridge calls.!

agree.gif
McMark
QUOTE(bryanc @ Apr 14 2006, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 01:41 PM) *

SQL kicks ass. Once you get it, it's easy. Explaining it to someone can be a real challenge..... headbang.gif

My next SQL project is to build a query to convert all the old style BBS quotes which looked like:
[quote=name,date]
to the new style which is:
[quote name="name" date="date"]

That one should be fun. But if you want to make one for me Bryan and post it here, that'd save me some time. wink.gif
Dr Evil
My emial still will not work. Now instead of having my emial on file with some numebrs infront of it, it just has my email and will not let me activate it. The wierd thing is that I get PMs blink.gif

Now what?
McMark
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 14 2006, 05:51 PM) *

My emial still will not work. Now instead of having my emial on file with some numebrs infront of it, it just has my email and will not let me activate it. The wierd thing is that I get PMs blink.gif

Now what?

You're trying the Change Email Address option, I presume? I can try deleting the email entirely and start from there. confused24.gif
So.Cal.914
I agree with Jenny, if this is fun & games Cool. But it is Easter weekend and you Guys humped to get us all back on. It's working, enjoy yourselves it will be there Monday. smoke.gif
Dr Evil
I got an email finally smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks man.

I agree, I forgot it was a holiday weekend as I am stuck studying for a test on Mon. You guys should take a break and enjoy your weekend.
Dr Evil
Spoke too soon (again).

No hurry as it is a test weekend and a holiday weekend, but I notice that I only get email replies to old threads that I was subscribed to before the hacking, nothing after.

I don't know, just FYI.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.