Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to get a windshield.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ttwitc9516
Due to an untimely meeting between my windshield and a great big rock I need a new w/s. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, TT
drewvw

somebody here probably has a spare one lying around....
736conver
QUOTE(ttwitc9516 @ Apr 14 2006, 03:23 PM) *

Due to an untimely meeting between my windshield and a great big rock I need a new w/s. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, TT

You can call safelite. For about $300 they will come out and put it in for you. All windshields basically come from the same place. Its just who marks them up the most.
Most places will have to order them though.
The windshield itself only cost about $175 then the dealer marks it up from there.
lylegd
QUOTE(736conver @ Apr 14 2006, 12:29 PM) *

You can call safelite. For about $300 they will come out and put it in for you. All windshields basically come from the same place. Its just who marks them up the most.
The windshield itself only cost about $175 then the dealer marks it up from there.

Safelite installed a new front windshield, tinted for $238. Installed at the their shop. Taking the old windshield out is not fun. They did a great job. Leave it to the pros. Lyle
pfierb
QUOTE(lylegd @ Apr 15 2006, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE(736conver @ Apr 14 2006, 12:29 PM) *

Safelite installed a new front windshield, tinted for $238. Installed at the their shop. Taking the old windshield out is not fun. They did a great job. Leave it to the pros. Lyle

I'm going to need a new one soon .....when Safelite did your windshield what did they do about the rubber seals and metal trim?

Thanks Paul F.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.