Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny new guy at work good for a laugh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I am sorta embarrassed to write this but at the same time I find it incredibly funny...

So this new guy thinks his impala is the fastest thing on the street. I guess he was doing alot of bragging and such. One of the guys there mentions I have this really fast civic. I guess the guy starts talking crap about me. I said this is like highschool. So I walk up front the other day and they say "Hey you should race him he has a fast car". Of course I say "Sure why not". Guy didn't say anything so that was that. Next day when I head up front he says "Ya know I can beat your car" I say ok well if you want to race let me know. Guys says he only races for $1000 or more. I'm thinking sweet I'm gonna take this guys money!!! I say yeah let me know when you want to.

So guy never says anything to me and I didn't think much of it. Next thing I find out he is telling everyone at work that he challenged me to a race and I backed down. Even better he said he challenged me to the autox. So being the alpha male I am I challeneged him in front of everyone to race me in the autox winner gets $1000. Of course he couldn't back down.

Needless to say I will never see a cent from the guy but I still found it all pretty funny. He has a 2000 something impala thats front drive with an open differential. But those tiger paw tires got me shaking in my boots.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 14 2006, 10:48 PM) *

I am sorta embarrassed to write this but at the same time I find it incredibly funny...

So this new guy thinks his impala is the fastest thing on the street. I guess he was doing alot of bragging and such. One of the guys there mentions I have this really fast civic. I guess the guy starts talking crap about me. I said this is like highschool. So I walk up front the other day and they say "Hey you should race him he has a fast car". Of course I say "Sure why not". Guy didn't say anything so that was that. Next day when I head up front he says "Ya know I can beat your car" I say ok well if you want to race let me know. Guys says he only races for $1000 or more. I'm thinking sweet I'm gonna take this guys money!!! I say yeah let me know when you want to.

So guy never says anything to me and I didn't think much of it. Next thing I find out he is telling everyone at work that he challenged me to a race and I backed down. Even better he said he challenged me to the autox. So being the alpha male I am I challeneged him in front of everyone to race me in the autox winner gets $1000. Of course he couldn't back down.

Needless to say I will never see a cent from the guy but I still found it all pretty funny.

very highschool..... alfred.gif biggrin.gif
alpha434
Get it on video, dude.
Andyrew
The guy is stupid...

Do you have autox experience? I see you have drag experience..

If he knows his shit he could lay the smack down on you...

Then again, if you know how to drive, you could lay the smack down on him in a stock 914 on the autox....

I get street race challanges all the time verbally... I just tell them I'll see them on the track... 9 times out of 10, they say never mind..
effutuo101
agree.gif I have 0 track time. but I always flip "lets take it to the track!" to people who want to race. At least 9 out of 10 say nevermind. What i enjoy most is pulling up to a rice rocket that is slammed and watching as they lift up to look over their door to see how low we ride at stock height. I then smile knowingly, nod and say. I should really think about dropping my car. flipa.gif
jasons
Slightly Off thread.....

I had an encouraging experience the other night with a couple of high school kids. They may have been just out of HS. I have seen this kid and his BMW e30 325i around. He had modest body mods and blacked out old school BBS wheels. I thought the car looked pretty sweet. Very tasteful not rice at all. The other night he shows up at my door and wants to know about 914's or if I want to sell one of mine. I spent about 20 minutes answering questions and he asks me where on the net to go for 914 info. Of course, I direct him here. It was nice to meet some kids that weren't total punks who just like different cars. I don't hate the jap rice crowd, in fact I think its good kids like cars and spend time working on them. I just thought it was cool to meet some kids who wanted to be different. I think we all kind of ended up in 914's that way didn't we?

turboman808
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 15 2006, 03:28 AM) *

The guy is stupid...

Do you have autox experience? I see you have drag experience..

Actualy quite the opposite. I haven't got a clue how to drag race. I autox and I'm not that bad. That's what makes it funny. It was his idea to challenge me to the autox and he has never done it before. But yeah I told him to bring what ever he wants I don't care. Think that got him nervous. I consitently get one of the fastest times for a front drive on street tires.

But when he was talking all this smack about me when I wasn't around everyone at work kept telling him "there is no way you can beat him" but he just doesn't beleive anything can beat his wannabe cop car biggrin.gif
alpha434
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 15 2006, 01:06 PM) *

Slightly Off thread.....

I had an encouraging experience the other night with a couple of high school kids. They may have been just out of HS. I have seen this kid and his BMW e30 325i around. He had modest body mods and blacked out old school BBS wheels. I thought the car looked pretty sweet. Very tasteful not rice at all. The other night he shows up at my door and wants to know about 914's or if I want to sell one of mine. I spent about 20 minutes answering questions and he asks me where on the net to go for 914 info. Of course, I direct him here. It was nice to meet some kids that weren't total punks who just like different cars. I don't hate the jap rice crowd, in fact I think its good kids like cars and spend time working on them. I just thought it was cool to meet some kids who wanted to be different. I think we all kind of ended up in 914's that way didn't we?

NO WAY!!!

Anyone got a Bradley GTII for sale? Even just the body?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.