Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Carpet Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
I've been looking around at carpet kits (and looking through old posts to see what people had to say about them).

The Pelican Parts kits seem to be expensive for what they are, especially when you look on e-bay and see ones that are very similar for much less.

I've seen people say that Kits made by Morphensectra (Here) are excellent, but i've also found this kit that looks good too.

Both say they are PLUSH carpeting, and they are about the same price...

Anyone have any personal experience with either set they would like to share... Especially quality and wearability related...

thanks

Doug
Dr Evil
Well, I have met and talked with James (morphenspectra) and would easily trust his integrity. He offers a free sample if you just call him, so I would see if the other guy will do the same. At that poit the choice should be simple.

HTH
Mike McGrath
I've got to replace my carpet at some point, too, so be sure to post the results of your investigation.
I notice the difference in price is less than $15 with shipping included. And maybe Morphen would
combine shipping if you're buying other bits.

Solely from looking at that eBay listings and common sense, I'd be on the lookout for a set that
has a nice firm heel pad in the driver's well. The otherwise decent set in my car has a fat hole in it
from not so many years of service.
boxstr
To throw another one in the pot is Original Fit Interiors. Located in Oakland Oregon. CAMP 914 has used there carpets sets for years. They fit perfectly and they will probably outlast the car.
CCLINCARPETERIA
Dr Evil
?$$$ Craig
dagdal1967
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 15 2006, 07:24 PM) *

To throw another one in the pot is Original Fit Interiors. Located in Oakland Oregon. CAMP 914 has used there carpets sets for years. They fit perfectly and they will probably outlast the car.
CCLINCARPETERIA

Ok.. I'll bite.. but I can't seem to find them on the web. Can you point me in the right direction?

And as Dr. Evil said, $$$??? help.gif What are their prices like... Anywhere close to the other two?

Thanks

D.
boxstr
Last set was $112.00 with shipping.
CCLINCAPRPETERIA
dagdal1967
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 16 2006, 03:28 PM) *

Last set was $112.00 with shipping.
CCLINCAPRPETERIA

Web site? Contact details? Or you keeping this secret to your self?

D
Grimstead
I found this number from a quick google search but no web site
(209) 852-9084
smdubovsky
I've never seen appbiz's plush set but he does have a very good reputation in the 911 world. I've seen his RS carpets installed in a 911. I bought his RS door panels and RS carpet set for my 911 - not installed yet, but very nice quality. I've asked him if he'd do an RS set for the early 914/6.

BTW, his website says the 914 kits come w/ heelpads.

ww.appbiz.com

No affiliation, just a happy customer.
SMD
dflesburg
I needed my passenger side carpet 3.5 inches longer than stock, no passenger rubber mat, and no carpet behind the seats, Unfortunately appbiz told me they couldnt (wouldn't) help me.

Hoping morph will.
morph
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 18 2006, 11:44 AM) *

I needed my passenger side carpet 3.5 inches longer than stock, no passenger rubber mat, and no carpet behind the seats, Unfortunately appbiz told me they couldnt (wouldn't) help me.

Hoping morph will.

Give James a call at (503)876-8838, he said he could do it.

Hiedi
Elliot_Cannon
I bought $20 dollars worth of carpet at Home Depot and used the old carpet as a template.
scottb
i bought a set from james and have been very happy.

cheers,

scott
dkos
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 18 2006, 04:12 PM) *

I bought $20 dollars worth of carpet at Home Depot and used the old carpet as a template.

Elliot,

Did you bind the edges? glue it down?
Elliot_Cannon
Everything is glued down except the bottom pieces cause I will have the edges bound later. I'll have them done in black or gray.
Elliot
dkos
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 19 2006, 12:01 AM) *

Everything is glued down except the bottom pieces cause I will have the edges bound later. I'll have them done in black or gray.
Elliot

Thanks Elliot,

Looks good and it appeals to my "do it yourself" nature. What kind of glue did you use? did you cut the carpet with a utility knife?
freezing14
I have already bought a kit from morphenspectra for the resto of my -4 I was not too concern about the OEM look, just wanted clean,, but who has the closest looking OEM -6 carpet set?????
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(dkos @ Apr 19 2006, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 19 2006, 12:01 AM) *

Elliot

Thanks Elliot,

Looks good and it appeals to my "do it yourself" nature. What kind of glue did you use? did you cut the carpet with a utility knife?

I used a large scissors to cut the carpet and a 3M adhesive. I think it was some kind of vinyl adhesive. The kind you spray on both surfaces, let it dry for 5 minutes then stick them together. It was fairly easy to do and kinda fun.

Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.