Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
headbang.gif I got some work done on my six today. I got the parkbrake adjusted, tracked down why the backup lights don't work, and changed the oil.

Oil changes on a six are a bitch!!!!

Then I go and leave the pan behind the car, and back out of the garage. My six holds 12 quarts of oil with the cooler. I pushed the pan backwards in the driveway, and dumped about 2 quarts worth of oil all over the driveway. headbang.gif

I had to jack the stupid car up to get the pan out from under it. headbang.gif headbang.gif

I has cat litter on it now, hopefully it will soak it up real quick.

(Where is that dumbass smiley when you need it????)

At least the tuneup and readjust of the MFI done last weekend made a substantial improvement in the performance of the car!!!

JoeSharp
Gosh! It's kinka nice to hear that somelse's day goes like mine. Makes me laugh at what I do.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
cooltimes
Sorry for the goofus that happened with the oil.
Anyhow I guess you knew this already but here it comes.
Use your foot to work that kitty litter into the oil covered concrete. Let sit 15 minutes or so. Sweep it up.
Now do it again. Scrub the clay well into the concrete again wait a few and sweep it up again.
3rd time is usually charm. You'll know when the concrete and kitty clay begin to look like you are scratching the concrete. Greyish white looking residue. Let it sit. Go for a test ride or something. Eat 10 pizza and drink lots of 914 water (Guinness) watch tv or do whatever pops into your mind. Finish that. Get up at 2 in the morning and then sweep it up. May as well have a silly ending since this is how mine always disappears from the drive.

Cooltimes
bjorn jacobson
Must suck to spill a little oil on the driveway while changing the oil in the six! I'm ass deep in a complete teardown and currently doing body work and rust repair. Want to trade?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bjorn jacobson @ Apr 16 2006, 03:51 PM) *

Must suck to spill a little oil on the driveway while changing the oil in the six! I'm ass deep in a complete teardown and currently doing body work and rust repair. Want to trade?

I actually finished the oil change without spilling a drop.

I BACKED OVER THE PAN FULL OF DIRTY OIL!!!!!

Yes, I have the kitty litter down. I have scrubbed it in. But it is much harder to clean oil out of an aggregate driveway. headbang.gif

BTDT on the teardown and rust repair. Keep your chin up. It took me 5 years to get from this:

ClayPerrine
To this:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.