Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Market Update in Excellence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Bruce Anderson writes:

"Are these Porsches classics? I don't know, but the sixes are selling for three times what they did new."

" I continue to be amazed at the new friends these cars keep finding."

"The interest in these cars never seems to wane."

"While I cannot claim that (these) cars will be a wonderful investment, I am sure they will be fun cars to own."

Porsche cocktail parties here we come!!!!! laugh.gif
SirAndy
can you say cheeeeze and then whine (i mean wine laugh.gif ) ...
olav
I guess Bruce hasn't had a 914. Oh well.
Brad Roberts
He has owned several 914's. He currently has a Boxster.

B
olav
Then I wonder why he's so suprised at it's staying power.

hmmm. the next gen Porsche super car is mid-engined.

Hey, I read in Autoweek that the 914 was a failure in the 70's but more 914 were sold in the same time period as boxturds.

third paragraph from the end. I hate journalists that perpetuate myths like that.

Autoweek garbage
Brad Roberts
He isnt surprised anymore. They use that same damn quote EVERY year.. dig out the old issues.. LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Here is a email address for her: dkurylko@crain.com

I'm going to email her.

B
Charles Deutsch
AutoWeak seems to have something against the 914 ... they've made similar comments in the past. I wonder what their favorite seventies sports cars are and if they've won their class at Le Mans.
si2t3m
I've read the autoweek garbage...

I'm more interested in the following:

''250- hp Volkswagen V-6 engine next year, but Wiedeking dismissed speculation that potential buyers would shun the model because it won’t have a Porsche powerplant. ''

So, say that Porsche gets this VW V6 into the Cayenne... Could this VW V6 could become a nice ''conversion engine'' and be legal for PCA events???

Also, saw this on the PP bulletin board:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Guy got the pics from Porschemania.
Apparently new from Ruf
911 turbo mechanical, 700bhp, 350kph

Looks like it's made from a boxster (with the rear taillights from a new beetle)... I think this thing has some potential!!!

Marc-André
Brad Roberts
I dont like the headlights.. but I do like the car.

B
Hawktel
I'm not certain why any of the current range of VW motors isn't "legal" for PCA events, if in a 914.
I'd love to have a W6 as a possible conversion though. And if it was PCA Legal, that would be even better.

But what do I know.
JWest
The text of the 914 market update in Excellence has not changed in 10 years... rolleyes.gif
olav
I used to like reading Excellence, but now I find it real boring. Like I'm reading the same magazine over and over again. The last one I looked at there was a story about a guy buying a turbo with the X50 option. big deal. That took the cake. If I do look at the magazine now I just go to Borders look at it but not buy it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.