Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need someone VERY familiar with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I have a little application my company sells. The applications is a Microsoft Access application.

I want to "improve" one of the features of it. I need help developing a VB macro for use in my application.

Let me describe what I want to do...

1. I have a master list of codes

Fields: Code Description

2. I have another list of data, let's call it the combination table

Code1 Code2 Explanation Indicator

Code1 and Code2 are various combinations of data from the master code list.

3. I want the user to be able to enter up to six codes as input criteria

Input1
Input2
Input3
Input4
Input5
Input6

Each of the six inputs is limited to the codes that appear in the master code list. Basically, the user is selecting the inputs from a Combo Boxe in the Access form.

4. I want the user to be able to enter up to six input codes, and then have the program search the combination table for the following circumstances. Sometimes the users may only input two or three or four input codes.

I want the program to Ouput on the Form in Access a character, say... the letter "X", next to any of the six inputs if the following criteria are met.

The macro will search the Combinations table for any two of the selected inputs. Any time both input codes appear on the same line in the Combinations table, it will output a "X" next to the input code that appears in the second column (Code2) of the Combinations table. If only one of the two codes appear in the Combination table, or neither code pair appears, then it does nothing.

Essentialy, the macro has to search for the following combinations...

Input1 & Input2
Input1 & Input3
Input1 & Input4
Input1 & Input5
Input1 & Input6

Input2 & Input1
Input2 & Input3
Input2 & Input4
Input2 & Input5
Input2 & Input6

Input3 & Input1
Input3 & Input2
Input3 & Input4
Input3 & Input5
Input3 & Input6

Input4 & Input1
Input4 & Input2
Input4 & Input3
Input4 & Input5
Input4 & Input6

Input5 & Input1
Input5 & Input2
Input5 & Input3
Input5 & Input4
Input5 & Input6

Input6 & Input1
Input6 & Input2
Input6 & Input3
Input6 & Input4
Input6 & Input5

I will be willing to pay for your help in developing this Macro.

If interested, PM me.

Thanks,

Qarl
Bleyseng
What are you talking about????
john rogers
The easiest way is for the VB program to have two pull down lists, the user has to select from list 1 first and THEN list two which will vary as to the selection from list 1. These are use as param%1 param%2 in a "select" statement passed to the Access program. I notice that the order makes a difference since there are whar appear to duplicates but the value1 & value2 must not mean the same as value2 & value1 to what the user sees?
Qarl

Basically, it has to do with medical coding for dermatologists.

The doctors office submits codes to insurance companies to get paid. The codes represent the type of service being done. There are codes for all services (office visits, x-rays services, injections, surgeries, consults, suturing, etc.) There are also codes for the different diagnoses (i.e. acne, malignant melanoma, etc.)

Some of the procedure codes get special "add on" digits to them when they are billed if certain criteria are met. These are called "modifiers".

For example, a new patient office visit of moderate complexity is billed using code 99203 to the insurance company. 99203 = Level III New Patient Office Visit.

Doing something like removing a wart is represented with another code 17110 (Destruction e.g., laser surgery, electrosurgery, cryosurgery, chemosurgery, surgical curettement, of flat warts, molluscum contagiosum, or milia; up to 14 lesions)

Other things like removing a mole on the leg would be billed using code 11400 (Excision, benign lesion including margins, except skin tag (unless listed elsewhere), trunk, arms or legs; excised diameter 0.5 cm or less)

Now... I have a list of 7,000+ code combinations that state if Code X is billed to an insurance company with Code Y, one of the two gets a "modifier" added to it when it is billed. The modifier tells the insurance company not to deny both codes. If you don't add the modifier to one of the two codes, it will get denied as being included as part of the other service.

For example... if removal of a wart (a type of lesion) uses a specific code (17110). If a skinlesion (such as a mole) is also billed (using code 11100), the insurance company will deny one of the two codes, thinking that they are one-in-the-same. Unless you add a modifier to one of the codes to indicate that they are indeed separate. Unfortunately, you can't add the modifier to both. You have to know WHICH one it is.

So how do you tell which one?

Well, you look at this long ass list of codes and see if they appear anywhere on the list. If the both codes appear together on the same line of the list, then the code that appears in the 2nd column of the list gets the 59 modifier. Well what to you know, codes 17110 and 11100 appear on the list together. Code 11100 appears in column II of the list.

In this case you would bill the insurance carrier

11100 59

Sounds complicated.

Right now, my program can only look up the filters the lists by one code, and then you look at the lists manually for the second code.

I want the user to be able to enter up to six codes, have the program compare to the list of combinations, and if any of them appear with any of the other codes that user inputted, to let them know which one(s) get the 59 modifier.

I can provide more detail and the lists of codes and what I currently have if anyone is experienced enough to try and tackle this for me.

Oh... I ordered some parts for my 914 today!

Qarl

Basically, it has to do with medical coding for dermatologists.

The doctors office submits codes to insurance companies to get paid. The codes represent the type of service being done. There are codes for all the different services and procedures (office visits, x-rays services, injections, surgeries, consults, suturing, etc.) There are also codes for the different diagnoses (i.e. acne, malignant melanoma, etc.)

Some of the procedure codes get special "add on" digits to them when they are billed if certain criteria are met. These are called "modifiers".

For example, a new patient office visit of moderate complexity is billed using code 99203 to the insurance company. 99203 = Level III New Patient Office Visit.

Doing something like removing a wart is represented with another code 17110 (Destruction e.g., laser surgery, electrosurgery, cryosurgery, chemosurgery, surgical curettement, of flat warts, molluscum contagiosum, or milia; up to 14 lesions)

Other things like removing a mole on the leg would be billed using code 11400 (Excision, benign lesion including margins, except skin tag (unless listed elsewhere), trunk, arms or legs; excised diameter 0.5 cm or less)

Now... I have a list of 7,000+ code combinations that state if Code X is billed to an insurance company with Code Y, one of the two gets a "modifier" added to it when it is billed. The modifier tells the insurance company not to deny both codes. If you don't add the modifier to one of the two codes, it will get denied as being included as part of the other service.

For example... if removal of a wart (a type of lesion) uses a specific code (17110). If a skinlesion (such as a mole) is also billed (using code 11100), the insurance company will deny one of the two codes, thinking that they are one-in-the-same. Unless you add a modifier to one of the codes to indicate that they are indeed separate. Unfortunately, you can't add the modifier to both. You have to know WHICH one it is.

So how do you tell which one?

Well, you look at this long ass list of codes and see if they appear anywhere on the list. If the both codes appear together on the same line of the list, then the code that appears in the 2nd column of the list gets the 59 modifier. Well what to you know, codes 17110 and 11100 appear on the list together. Code 11100 appears in column II of the list.

In this case you would bill the insurance carrier

11100 59

Sounds complicated.

Right now, my program can only look up the filters the lists by one code, and then you look at the lists manually for the second code.

I want the user to be able to enter up to six codes, have the program compare to the list of combinations, and if any of them appear with any of the other codes that user inputted, to let them know which one(s) get the 59 modifier.

I can provide more detail and the lists of codes and what I currently have if anyone is experienced enough to try and tackle this for me.

Oh... I ordered some parts for my 914 today!

P.S. Sorry to clog the forum with this. I figure some programmer guru here could use some extra coin for their 914 addiction.
Twystd1
e-mail: pascal(at)ocagency.com

He is familiar with doctor/insurance db. And how to make it work.....

Tell him Clayton sent ya.

And he is VERY, VERY good.

Twystd1

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.