Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My annual
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Got most everything done.
A bit of buffing.
Corner balanced, lowered a tad, new front tires & wheels.

A WAG at the weight from the corner balance is 2028 with 180lbs of balast in
the drivers chair. One of them bathroom scale balancers accurate within ???
, but it is within a pound corner to corner (25% of weight shows near as I can tell). It was pretty damn close to start out with.

If I can get it aligned next week, we'll be off to SCCA autocross Sunday....yee ha!
Trekkor
ready to run...that's a good feeling clap56.gif

KT
Jeroen
excellent!
now go kill some cones
driving.gif
Britain Smith
Yep, I was there to see it. It is a genuine picture, no photoshop here.

-Britain
Joe Ricard
2028 ????? spank.gif
Aaron Cox
looks good old man.... smile.gif

BTW - package came. thanks!
AA
Porsche Rescue
Gotta ask, why did you need to change the front wheels?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Apr 16 2006, 04:54 PM) *

Gotta ask, why did you need to change the front wheels?

his biceps werent up to the task of steering chairfall.gif
J P Stein
Yes, that's 1848 w/o ballast for the math challenged.....and Joe laugh.gif I'm eyeballin another 50-60 lbs
of road hugging weight.
The W/T set up is my attempt to get the scrub radius within reasonable bounds.
Less steering effort & hopefully, less push in the tight stuff. The tires aren't the ideal choice,
but there aren't any other choices close to what I think I needed/wanted. confused24.gif

Brit did a hell of a job of keeping me working on the damn thing.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 16 2006, 07:20 PM) *

Yes, that's 1848 w/o ballast for the math challenged.....and Joe laugh.gif I'm eyeballin another 50-60 lbs
of road hugging weight.

JP - I was gonna ask if that weight included you. Damn! 1848# with a rollbar and a six. Impressive...

When does the dashboard come out? biggrin.gif

Joe Ricard
SOOOOO I guess your SCCA class is gonna be ??????? Sumpin MOD. and not street mod.
J P Stein
Hay.....that number is on uncertified scales. It's just between us'n. grouphug.gif
TimT
WOW looks really nice JP.. beerchug.gif

dunno about autox rules, but that roll bar padding is a no no for road racing...
J P Stein
QUOTE(TimT @ Apr 16 2006, 06:05 PM) *

WOW looks really nice JP.. beerchug.gif

dunno about autox rules, but that roll bar padding is a no no for road racing...

Should I take it off? biggrin.gif

Seriously, every time I go to a local race shop, I look at the padding they sell
.....and this is it. Some direction would be a help....even an on line supplier would be gud.
not that I'm going racin'.
TimT
That type roll bar padding is no longer acceptable with most sanctioning bodies..

They want you to buy the SFI approved high density padding that is about 18$/3 foot length

We had to redo the padding on our car last year right before the Mosport race. A steward came around and took a look at our car, and mentioned that we should get the approved padding if we wanted to race

I know SCCA and PCA road racing require this stuff to be SFI rated.. I dont know about the autoX rules

one source is here HMS Motorsports

Im sure there are sources quite near you where you can get this padding
Trekkor
So the pipe insulation from Home Depot is out, then?
LOL!

KT
J P Stein
My cage is PVC pipe anyhow.....what's the big deal? biggrin.gif

Thanks, Tim, that gives me an idea of what to look for.
I don't think there are any rules of that nature for AX.
Porsche Rescue
Interesting. I had a guy tech my car at a local PCA DE last year. He pointed out that my padding was indadequate but passed me anyway. Suspect that would be different for "real" racing. A stick of the black foam is $5. At $18 the other stuff should be real good. I think it is smaller in in OD for the same ID. Maybe I should put some on my driver side horizonal bar so I can get my ass over it easier!
brant
oh... crappers...
now I got to find a way to out 3lbs...
dang JP your making me work too hard.

nice weight though!!!
drgchapman
I see a license plate.

You're back on the road? Daylight only, right?

Get 'er done!
Britain Smith
Funny you mention the License plate. I was going to take it off, but it required removing the entire rear bumber so I left it. I did wire up the rear tail lights though.

Regarding the dash, that old wood dash that he is soooo proud of has got to go soon.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.