Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where best to get 5 point harnesses for a street/DE car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ken914
Where is the best place to purchase a pair of harnesses for a street 914/6 that is also used for DE events? I would like to find them from someone who is knowledgeable enough to make sure that I get the correct belts the first time. Also, I think I want cam lock belts but I have never owned a pair. Please suggest the best set up for me!

Thanks.
Racing916
G force makes a nice set of 5 point harness I run in my car, they are reasonable in terms of price and very well built. The cam lock is the way to go. I got mine at soloracer.com and they are pretty helpful.

Steve
Trekkor
Racer's Group
TRG

M & R camlocks were $150 each.

KT
hmeeder
G-Force belts are inexpensive and for the level of driving you will be doing, more than adequate for your needs.

I got mine at Jegs.com http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...10495&langId=-1 $130

The question you will have to answer for yourself is how you are going to attach them to the car. several options arew open to you.
SandyI
I've got G-Force belts. Didn't need the cam lock. Cost me less than $100. Are you going to install a race seat too? Because 5-point belts will hold you in place and keep you safe but it's the race seat side bolsters that will bring your lap times down.
Porsche Rescue
I have had G force and they are excellent and seem to be the least costly. Shop around.
I prefer "pull down" vs "pull up" which refers to the direction you pull to tighten the shoulder belts. You want 5 point. The floor belt keeps the lap belt down over your hips where it belongs. I have had both cam and latch types. Frankly, given the cost difference, I prefer the latch style. The advantage of the cam, in theory, is that you can release yourself more rapidly in an emergency. I don't think there is that much difference and with a little practice they are about the same for strapping in.
With no backpad, I prefer to use eyebolts through the firewall and a spring clip to attach. You will want a bolt in bracket for the floor and lap. You can bolt to the stock lap mount bolts.
SirAndy
i got mine from Dan Callicott (Callicott Motorsports, Xitspd here on the board) ...

Pyrotect 5 Point Cam Lock SFI Harnesses, $115.00

IPB Image

very nice!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
lapuwali
There are places that will do custom sets for you, which works for me, since I find I prefer pull-down adjustments for the shoulder belts, but pull-up adjustments for the lap belt.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.