Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Drop Part 1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Engine drop was a success, except for the fact that I left the engine bar on and it caused the engine to be WAY wide and therefore it BARELY fit into my dad's truck.

Anyway, The trip begins tomorrow at 9 or 10, I should be there around 1pm.

I will take pics of that if I remember to bring my camera.

Thanks EVERYONE who offered parts for me and especially to Garold for letting me have a working engine.

On a sidenote, I actually used my engine to get on my ramps, and it siezed when the car got to the top of the ramps.

But oh boy will Garold have a nice surprise when he opens that engine... smile.gif

b
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 16 2006, 07:26 PM) *

Engine drop was a success, except for the fact that I left the engine bar on and it caused the engine to be WAY wide and therefore it BARELY fit into my dad's truck.

Anyway, The trip begins tomorrow at 9 or 10, I should be there around 1pm.

I will take pics of that if I remember to bring my camera.

Thanks EVERYONE who offered parts for me and especially to Garold for letting me have a working engine.

On a sidenote, I actually used my engine to get on my ramps, and it siezed when the car got to the top of the ramps.

But oh boy will Garold have a nice surprise when he opens that engine... smile.gif

b

ohmy.gif

Bring some tools with you tomorrow. You will need a motor mount off your BAD engine, my good one has a bad mount. See ya tomorrow.
sixnotfour
way to go Britt thumb3d.gif

Garold too smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Oh, I will bring my engine hoist with me also. I really don't need to mess up my back trying to lift a engine on my trailer. sad.gif
bd1308
Garold I will bring my tools... smile.gif

We have to get the taco plate off, the mount BAr and a engine mount, which all kinda suck to take off especially the engine mount....

See you tomorrow Garold!

b
sean_v8_914
I was just imagining your drive. I once drove from Terre Haute IN through Cincinatti through KY to WV

where in KY?
dwillouby
Britt, Sounds like everything went well. Sorry I could not make it. I forgot about Easter and the family thing. Gotta go to Miami untill Fri. Let me know if we can hook up Ill give you the ride/drive I promised.

If you need anything let me know
David
bd1308
Sean, I live in Louisville near the Gene Snyder Expressway and I-71.

Today is the day smile.gif

David, cant wait for that ride... smile.gif

I *DEFINATELY* absolutely need a transmission mount. The center rubber part fell out of the rest of the mount.

b
elwood-914
Hey Britt,
Glad to hear your not giving up. I think later on you would have regreted it. And a thanks to the guys in the club for helping Britt out. We gotta keep him in the club, I always enjoy his posts.
bd1308
smile.gif

OK. I'm off now. I hear it takes two hours to reach Indiana, so if i leave now....

I'll get there by 1pm.

b
GaroldShaffer
I'm heading out the door myself see ya.
bd1308
Back, engine is ready to be moved....

I just hope and pray this engine works for a LONG time.

b
Aaron Cox
britt. need tranny mounts?

new stock ones are $$$$

i love the cheap welt "solids" (they are like ahockey puck"

cheap at 50 bucks new (pair).
r_towle

Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Is It running yet?
Brando
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 17 2006, 03:05 PM) *
britt. need tranny mounts?

new stock ones are $$$$

i love the cheap welt "solids" (they are like ahockey puck"

cheap at 50 bucks new (pair).

Agreed, get a pair!
bd1308
Yeah I'm ordering a bunch of stuff f as soon as I get paid.

* Viton Pushrod Tube seals
*Pushrod tubes (mine are rusted?)
*Tranny Mounts (911 sport AKA cheaer ones--or should I go solid mounts?)
*spark wires and plugs.

b

PS=Oh! another thing, is the vent supposed to point towards the fan (front) or the rear (tail of tranny)?

Mine was pointed sideways/back, which might have caused a alot of my leaks.

GaroldShaffer
Britt and the DEAD engine
GaroldShaffer
1.7 in the back of my truck dead engine on hoist.
GaroldShaffer
Um Huston we have a problem. Spark plug from cylinder #1. A little preview of what happen to Britt's engine. Britt PM your address so I can ship you the other parts you need.
Bertus
Britt are you going to have yours running by the 13th? Good luck! biggrin.gif
robby750
of course he will!
GaroldShaffer
He should, I think. Everything was there for the 1.7 it just needed a engine mount before he installs the motor.
rick 918-S
Cool you two!
bd1308
I'm halfway done...the engine is where it needs to be, I just have to raise it into place.

NEXT time i'm getting a ATV jack and a engine hoist.

b
rhodyguy
britt, the correct orientation of the vent is shown on p.87 of your haynes. make sure it isn't plugged.

k
bd1308
Engine is up, exhaust and turning over is tomorrow.

I thought I could do this quickly sad.gif

b
Aaron Cox
nice work attire LOL......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.