Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another yellow ebay six in bay area...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vortrex
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6430

"Needs upholstry kit"

yeah I'd say so!
vortrex
oh...this is for sale by highway one. I bought my 928 GT from him, turned out to be a great car. when I was there I remember a white six that looked good for $7k. should have bought that too.
Brad Roberts
I concerned as to why it needed body work in the same spot on both sides.

I like it. Burlingame is close. Somebody go look at it.

B
vortrex
yeah that is interesting. the cars aren't any wider at that point, are they? was thinking maybe he wedged it. biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Nope. They do narrow down after that spot. I like the car. It appears they made almost NO attempt to clean it up. I'm looking for a 71 yellow 914..something built in 11/70 and yellow.

B
brant
somebody go look...

that is very interesting
brant
Jeffs9146
I was looking at that too. I placed a bid last night but already outbid. I am going to try to swing by today.

Jeff
boxstr
I have a freind up here in Portland who bought my yellow 75 and was rear ended, they totaled the car and he wants a "yellow" six, he is interested in the one on ebay. If anyone checks the car out please post a critique.
Thanks
Craig IN DAMP CAMP 914
vortrex
if you don't go today jeff let me know and I'll swing by and take some pics.
Jeffs9146
I am trying to get moving right now! I will bring my camera, good idea!

Jeff
J P Stein
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&category=6430

This looks good, if a bit pricey.
Porsche Rescue
Brad, you're too picky. What about a signal orange '70 built 8/70. I've got one of those for sale. I thought by August it would be a '71 but vin is 470.
jtf914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 21 2003, 03:01 PM)

Pretty sure this guy is mike914six from Pelican. Looks like the same car.
Gallery
I love white 914's.
Don Wohlfarth
J P, from the pictures I agree it's a pretty nice looking car. IMHO final price will be in high teen's. If car was original 6 the price could go to mid 20's.
Owner states car could run vintage events. I'm not sure that's true. I seem to remember that 4 to 6 conversions weren't allowed. Anyone know for sure?
Jeffs9146
OK I just got back and I have a few pictures!

It is a good solid base for a full restoration. All stock untouched!

It needs everything re-done but drove well. No grind in the original tail shifter just a bit sloppy.

Not a lot of get up and go until the higher bands.

Reserve is set at $10,000 but they would prefer to sell it away from e-bay. They know what it is worth and plan on holding out until they get it.

Body work is just to keep dents from rusting out. Passenger side could be pulled and has no bondo yet.

Driver side has had a small amout on body work but only minor stuff.

Trunk hinge point is broken

Driver side front trunk has a small rust spot at the A-arm support point but I couldn't tell if it went all the way through.
Jeffs9146
More pics
Jeffs9146
More pics
Jeffs9146
More pics
Jeffs9146
More pics
Jeffs9146
More pics
Jeffs9146
More pics
Jeffs9146
More pics
Mueller
10K?? wow....Hey B, the blue /6 just went up in value smile.gif

I heard the motor run for the first time in the blue /6....damn, I wish the 3.6 in my 911 sounded as good....

I do like the yellow however........
vortrex
$10k seems high to me. crap, once you figure paint/body you're already at $15k. you can buy a darn nice one for that without all the hassles. to get that thing in decent shape it's going to be $20k at least. I say $7-8k is more fair.
Jeffs9146
Thats what I told them! I could see $7k-$8k but it would have to be the right person for more than that! Its at $7,500 on e-bay now!

Jeff
vortrex
I guess it's a better car for someone who wants to drop a big motor in it and gut it out for the track, as sad as that is. it's one of those cars that's borderline, you're a fool if you restore it and a fool if you don't.
boxstr
Oh well Seems like a lot of money to start and more to finish.
How much did they want for the T-bird sitting behind the yellow 914-6?
Craig Headed for SUNSHINE.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Don Wohlfarth @ Feb 21 2003, 02:58 PM)
J P, from the pictures I agree it's a pretty nice looking car. IMHO final price will be in high teen's. If car was original 6 the price could go to mid 20's.
Owner states car could run vintage events. I'm not sure that's true. I seem to remember that 4 to 6 conversions weren't allowed. Anyone know for sure?

Humm......you'd have a better handle on East coast
prices than I do.

Since we're doing WAGs, I'd say that the first bidder would get it. There seems not to be a reserve.

There seems to be an upper limit on a "normal" conversion of around 15K and this is one of those.

An "abnormal" conversion would be something like
Jeff Hays' car that was recently in Excelence.
He was askin' blink.gif 50K. His may have been an original 6er.....not that one could tell. biggrin.gif Dunno if it sold.
Aaron Cox
whoa....got in on this thread kind late...
the yellow six is a 2.2 liter? i thought all /6 engines were 1969 911t motors. 2 liter. right? hmmmmm....very interesting..
is he givin us a line?
<_<
Mueller
The /6's came with a 2.0, but it seems that almost everyone had thier original moto rebuilt to 2.2 and 2.2S specs at thier first rebuild.....if you gonna spend the money, you might as well get a few more ponies out of it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.