Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Romanowski
Hey Guys,

All the PCA regions in the NE are starting to require proper race seats for use with 5 point harnesses, so I guess I have to get some

What seats have worked well in a teener? I'm a big guy and I've liked the 18" Kirkey's in the past, but I'm not sure what to get. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
d914
take a look at ultra sheild road race seats and or kirkely also has some. I had the kirkley circle track version and had to cut one of the rib protectors so my elbow didn't hit it.. Road race version much nicer....
crash914
Matt, did you ever try on mine?

it is the ultra shield version. only thing I don't like is the inside comes up too high under my arm. Its ok if I keep my hands on the wheel...
Sparky
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Apr 17 2006, 01:00 PM) *

I'm a big guy...

Matt,

Your not a big guy your just big boned!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Good to see you posting!!

My best,
Mike D.

See you at Hershey?
pek771
I have Kirkeys in mine, also. Sometimes I sit in them and pretend I'm actually driving!

The new NER rule is really just havoc with everyone. Guys with stock seats are all screwed, if they want to use their harnesses.

Pat
Matt Romanowski
Mike! Great to hear from you. I won't make Hershey, but I should be around more this year.

Pat - Your definatly right. Other regions are starting to follow. NCR and I believe Zone 1 are making people use there 3 point belts with the harnesses if they don't have a race seat.

Do the Kirkey's fit in with the back pad? I'm thinking either the Ultrashield Miata seat or maybe a Corbeua Forza II, but I'm not sure how that would fit. Anyone tried one?

Thanks,

Matt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.