Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHEAP V8 RADIATOR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marks914
I have been on a quest to keep my car cool. The Corvette radiator kept the car below 210, but I wanted a little more insurance.

I had a local radiator shop build me a dual pass radiator for $275! Thats only $800 less than those other places.

It is 14Hx27W with 2 ea rows of 1.25 tubing for the core. With 1800 CFM it should cool a 383 stroker in 120F heat.

It was 80 here the other day and the car never went over 170, I will have to check my T stat, its a 180. The fans only kicked on at stoplights. It seems to work well.

The only regret is I forgot to have them put a bleeder on it. I have to burp it a few times to get the air out.

I had to fab the shroud and add the fans, but I have less than $320 in the whle thing.

Mark

914-8
Nice! Does it have a provision for a temp sensor?

Can you post the name and number of the shop?

Thanks!
andys
That's a great price for a custom!! I bought an AFCO 15 x 27 ASA aluminum racing radiator, also dual pass-dual row with bleeder, temp sender bungs, and cap delete for $239.

Andys
rick 918-S
Great Price. Nice to get a local shop that will work with you.

Mine is a Howe Racing Duel Pass. Purchased from;

Lou Feger Racing
512 East Highway 12
Delano MN 55328

Part # HOW 3427RNF

Double pass I had them add a fitting on the top for a bleeder. Mine actuall cools too well on the freeway. Cruising from Vegas to So Cal with John, the RS914 Crew, and Scott and Terry, we were stuck in a construction traffic jam in the middle of the desert. We were stopped dead for what felt like forever. I was running about 195 to 210 on both front and rear gauges. But it was like over 100 deg with heat radiating off the cars and blacktop. Man it was HOT!

Price was $ 229.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.