Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Placed an order at AA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw
I read the posts on these guys and decided to give them a try. Placed an online order last night, called today and they weren't really sure what was going on, it was in the parts dept or something.

is this normal? How can a business not know where an order is...
So.Cal.914

AA stands for As_holes Anonymous. Yes I have used them before but I have regretted it to many times. Ask the Guys who to use they will know with out fail.
smoke.gif
Brando
Don't expect your money back.

And surely, don't expect your parts.
drewvw

come on, it can't be that bad?
r_towle
Stay on top of it via the phone.

Keep pushing till you are satisfied.

It will be a tough experience, but you will make it through alive.

Rich
drewvw

Got it, I plan on calling them everyday until I get a tracking number.....

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 17 2006, 04:43 PM) *

Oh can't it? Why not? The Cap'n
drewvw

Just hard to believe, that's all. That people can get away with doing business in said fashion in a niche market like this. I guess I will find out and report back.
blitZ
QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 17 2006, 07:29 PM) *

I read the posts on these guys and decided to give them a try. Placed an online order last night, called today and they weren't really sure what was going on, it was in the parts dept or something.

is this normal? How can a business not know where an order is...

So you've read the posts and you have to ask??
drewvw

yeah man...making conversation. Same reason your replied.... biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 17 2006, 03:43 PM) *

So let me get this straight.
You read the posts on them.
You placed an order with them.
Order gets hosed up.
You're now surprised?????[b]
Tobra
Near as I can tell, they are the only ones working on a replacement for the windshield frame seal, unless I can find one somewhere else, may have to get it from them; claim it will be available in a month, I am skeptical
drewvw

I read a mix of good and bad. I was just trying to get some chatter going!

man....just disregard! alfred.gif

So.Cal.914

I don't know, worked for me. I feel better now.
I bitched at them but that didn't help, CAUSE THEY DON'T LISTEN! smoke.gif
wbergtho
If you like to have an excuse to be angry...just order a part from Auto Atlanta. You will have a plethera of angry outbursts by the time you see anything. Oh, don't forget to take advantage of Mr. 914's over the phone arrogant tech advice...it's fun to be talked down to.
Elliot_Cannon
I ordered a windshield to dash seal, original for $107 over the phone. He put me on hold for a few minutes till he made sure they had it in stock. He said they had it "on the shelf" and would send it out right away. I got it as ordered about four days later. No fuss, no hassle.
Elliot
So.Cal.914

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. They don't screw up all the time, just when I order something. headbang.gif Dammed if you do but safe if you don't. smoke.gif
Mr.C
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Apr 17 2006, 07:28 PM) *

Oh, don't forget to take advantage of Mr. 914's over the phone arrogant tech advice...it's fun to be talked down to.

Hmmm I got an idea! Set up a 900 number and have BAMFH abuse us with dirty 914 talk and have a sawzall running in the background. chair.gif I need to lay off the beer3.gif
drewvw

well, I got a tracking number promptly and all the parts I ordered are allegedly on their way so I don't know. Can't complain yet....
Rockaria
Every time I used them I have had no trouble... And I have used them a lot. It's best to call. I always ask if they have the part in stock, if they say no, I assume it will be a while. No biggie, some 914 parts are hard to get, I am glad you can get them at all.
krazykonrad
Its really too bad. Driving by theor location as a kid is one of the reasons i got into 914s. Now that I have one they F'd up my 1st (and only) order and a week and a half later (after about 4 or calls) shipped in Fed Ex overnight and made me pay for the extra shipping. finger.gif I live in Macon, GA so UPS ground will get it here next day for much less. Its really too bad that they suck so much because they could be a great resource.
joeav8tor
I have bought a lot of parts from AA in the past year, the parts arrived on time as promised, I once was overcharged for the quantity of a part, but my credit card was credited immediately...George can be short sometimes on the phone, but he returns emails...I have not had a bad experience with them since I have been using them...since last May.
just my 2 cents
Joe
ken914
I took a transmission to them about 20 years ago. They were supposed to change the 1st gear synchro. I got it back about an hour later, completely in a box. They couldn't explain why they took it apart or why it had grease, stains and scratches in different spots from the case I brought in.

I will always be convinced they stole my gearbox and gave me a box of crap back. But, no way I can prove it.

I will never ever ever do business with them. And I will always post against them.

Incidentally, I heard a rumor that George's brother went to jail for swapping VIN numbers on cars... But you know how rumors are. He could have been in jail for something else...

drewvw
my order with AA ended up having no problems. Everything came on time as promised. But the opinions on the board are enough to keep me away unless I really need something from them...
Joe Bob
popcorn[1].gif
ptravnic
I've never had a bad experience w/AA. I use them as needed. I prefer Pelican (b/c of the pioneering work they did w/ the msg boards) but use AA w/o reservation if they have something I need.

But hey, thats just me...

-pt
Rrrockhound
I have ordered from them several times with no problems, except for a few "dropped" orders where my card was never even charged. Having grown up around bike shop owners, I am used to cranky, quirky, wrench-head types who relate better to machines than people. Is it right? No, but if I expected a perfect customer service experience every time, I'd buy an Infiniti.
d914
I have offered before and I'll offer again. I'm local, 20 mins from AA and know Geroge. I'm always willing to help if there is an issue or communication problem. No mus no fuss no arguments.. I know it can sometime be a hassle for the remote guys . Were here and have working relationships and are more interested in seeing parts shipped than reading about wars. Realize my time availabilty is usally around the weekends..

Pm or e-mail if I can be of assistance.
racerbvd
They have been screwing 914ers for at least 20 years, they have lied about finding "factory stashes" that turn out to be things built in house, so full flat out lies!! Their return policy sucks, even when they screw up the order. Yes, I have been burned (in the early days) and have had close friends get burned, and even those who gave them another chance, still get screwed!! The stories go on & on, like the time they started a new business, trying to copy Giot's Garage, with George and his manager on the cover claiming to be brothers and the name used wasn't either of them, then George, the classy guy he is, when invited to the Imealia Island Concour (an event of Pebble Beach caliper) on the year that Porsche was the featured mark, laid out aa catalogs around his display until officials made him clean up his mess. I would really have to hate you to tell you to buy from them. Local 914 owners in Atalanta don't even shop their, they order from PP.[size=7]
nomore9one4
Nicely said! clap56.gif popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
that hurt my eyes. fwiw, there truely was a lost wherehouse. purchased from gary emory years ago.

k
Qarl
Been a while since this came up.

gregrobbins
I ordered some parts within the last month. Had a confirmation by email and the parts showed up within one week.

I try to order from the left coast as it is much closer, but AA has some items no one else carries. I have ordered twice in the last six months and no problem either time.

Some post that they have had problems, but my experience has been good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.