Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone please explain all the buttons with the new format?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
How do all these buttons work? There is a quote key that goes on or off next to the reply key, sometimes my quotes work but it never seems to work the same way twice. They sorta remind me of the heater controls in my 914....

Is there an instruction manual anywhere? I checked the FAQ page and didn't see anything on it.

What is the "Guided mode" stuff? Computer challenged minds want to know.
Flat VW
:BOZO:

JOHN wavey.gif
TROJANMAN
hit the quote button before you reply to quote something
fast reply means you won't have smilie options presented to you
new topic means you will be starting a new thread
top means it will take you to the top of the page
pm, means you can send someone a pm
edit allows you to edit your post
no wonder you're a realtor. laugh.gif

if you're having a hard time with these buttons, GOD help you when you start your flying lessons (and the greater phoenix area for that matter) lol2.gif
Gint
It's not rocket science Mikey. Give it a whirl. Poke a few buttons and try them out. See what happens. wink.gif 's only a web board.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 17 2006, 05:31 PM) *

It's not rocket science Mikey. Give it a whirl. Poke a few buttons and try them out. See what happens. wink.gif 's only a web board.

I fear change....

This is a test. I did it with the guided mode off just because that's how I roll. Hell, I didn't even check the post length. I am a madman behind the keyboard! Oh yeah, I didn't preview it either.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Apr 17 2006, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 17 2006, 05:31 PM) *

I fear change....

This is a test. I did it with the guided mode off just because that's how I roll. Hell, I didn't even check the post length. I am a madman behind the keyboard! Oh yeah, I didn't preview it either.

Allan
Hit this button and I'll let you touch me.

1970 Neun vierzehn
Mikey took to heart the famous quote "Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth (or reply with keyboard) and remove all doubt" unsure.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 17 2006, 05:28 PM) *

hit the quote button before you reply to quote something

¿? I can simply hit the "Reply button and it'll add the quote (see above). What's the +Quote button to the left of the "Reply button do?
SirAndy
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Apr 17 2006, 05:06 PM) *

How do all these buttons work?

from another thread ...

maybe you just need to learn how to use the new "features" ... biggrin.gif

the "quote" button is now simply a switch for you to either include a quote in a reply or not. if the "quote" button has a + sign next to it, you will quote the message. click the quote button once, the + goes away, no qoute added ...

it's a toggle switch for the "reply" button so the "reply" button knows if you want to include quotes or not.

by default, all "quote" buttons have the + so by simply hitting the reply button, you will always include the quote ...

once you get the hang of it, it's still a "one click" operation to reply & quote ...

beerchug.gif Andy
MoveQik

if you're having a hard time with these buttons, GOD help you when you start your flying lessons (and the greater phoenix area for that matter) lol2.gif

Hmmm....let me see if these smileys still work... finger.gif

Yup, looks like they work! biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Apr 17 2006, 09:03 PM) *

That's pretty good mike, you figured out how to use those smiley buttons all by your lonesome?
poke.gif

biggrin.gif
Flat VW
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.