Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Apple G3 powerbook help NEEDED.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rpmmaxxed
I forgot the password for my owner account.

What can I do?
r_towle
Bios password?
Either call apple..they have a master password if you provide proof of ownership.
Or...clear bios...not an easy thing to do, but possible.

If you cannot get what you need through apple, find an apple service center, they will reset it for you.

Rich
rpmmaxxed
any idea how you can proove ownership?

what kind of methods do you have to prove?
bd1308
ahem...

boot with your OS X DVD or CD. I believe I saw something about lost passwords in the setup, look in the "utilities" menu on the bar.

if you need any help, lemme help.

b
Joe Bob
receipt, credit card statement, warrenty registration .....call them and ask....
McMark
I'm assuming it's OS 10. Restart the computer and hold down the Apple key and the S key. This will boot you into Single User Mode. I believe a command prompt will appear. Type "passwd ______". Fill in the blank with the name of your owner account, it will be one word no spaces. Mac OS X has a Long User Name and a Short User Name, for example, Long User Name is Mark De Bernardi, short user name is markd. When you're done type "reboot".
McMark
Ooops, nevermind. Doesn't work on newer OS X installations. Use Britt's advice of booting off the CD. There is a reset password option in one of the menus.
Eric Taylor
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 17 2006, 08:45 PM) *

Ooops, nevermind. Doesn't work on newer OS X installations. Use Britt's advice of booting off the CD. There is a reset password option in one of the menus.

Ya guys Beat me to it! smile.gif Yeah boot from a OS X cd that is your os version and under one of the menu's is a password reset option. You can reset any account you like.

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.