Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '73 Zambezi Green Pic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
I surfed around the internet but can't seem to find a nice clean '73 Zambezi Green 914 picture.

Looking to get my teener in for fresh paint sometime next week. Still finishing up some longitudinal welding and other assorted body work. Got a great offer from the friend that's helping with the welding...he'll have it painted, but he's not a fan of the existing color, zambezi green. Want to show him a nice example of this classic hue.

.....why this wonderful deal...the barter system. Preliminary planning/construction help on my part for his new building/auto customizing shop. I'm getting some fantastic welding and paint for my 914. I might not be the luckiest guy on the planet, but certainly I'm in the top ten. mueba.gif

So, please post a pic if you got one....thanks.
McMark
My Colors Page

I still need to move that over here.
rmital
yep...that's the only one that I was able to find with an internet search.

Unfortunely, that one has no bumpers or vinyl sails.
TROJANMAN
Gint's Car

Do a search from the last 90 days. He posted a but load of pictures.
914-8
Zambezi green is the best!
rmital
Thanks!....will do a Gint search....
TROJANMAN
I had a minute.........smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...1&st=&p=&#entry
rmital
Thanks TrojanMan....excellent pics.

....hopefully mine will end up being as clean.
cassidy_bolger
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 18 2006, 10:45 AM) *

Thanks TrojanMan....excellent pics.

....hopefully mine will end up being as clean.

This one on AA's site looks good:

http://autoatlanta.com/carsales/914/474231...7423141147.html

-Cassidy
rmital
...that's a beautiful car....jeez..... wub.gif
greenie
How's this?

Greenie
rmital
...that's Pretty Freakin Cherry...! biggrin.gif

Bumpers? ...for a '74. Did you change?
greenie
They are original 74 Bumpers...

I took the bumper tits off, welded the holes & had them chrome plated ( they were painted )

I love Zambezi green, I get more complements than you would imagine, it just fits the car so well.

Greenie
rmital
was really considering Malaga Red...but my 11 year old daughter talked me out of it.

I agree with you...it really does fit the car well. It just took me time to realize it.
pfierb
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 18 2006, 01:00 PM) *

I surfed around the internet but can't seem to find a nice clean '73 Zambezi Green 914 picture.

Looking to get my teener in for fresh paint sometime next week. Still finishing up some longitudinal welding and other assorted body work. Got a great offer from the friend that's helping with the welding...he'll have it painted, but he's not a fan of the existing color, zambezi green. Want to show him a nice example of this classic hue.

.....why this wonderful deal...the barter system. Preliminary planning/construction help on my part for his new building/auto customizing shop. I'm getting some fantastic welding and paint for my 914. I might not be the luckiest guy on the planet, but certainly I'm in the top ten. mueba.gif

So, please post a pic if you got one....thanks.

Picture not the best but I love the carClick to view attachment
rmital
no vinyl sail...something else there?
pfierb
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 18 2006, 04:48 PM) *

no vinyl sail...something else there?

They are Mugen Power decals have been replaced by Series 9 decals was going to install the vinyl sails ,I have them in a box, but don't have the courage to put them on ...even after reading Eric Shea's article.... I know that I will screw them up or get my fingers stuck under the sails.
jimtab
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
I think I have oh, one or two.....it's the loveliest of Porsche colors....
Gint
QUOTE(greenie @ Apr 18 2006, 02:36 PM) *

I love Zambezi green, I get more complements than you would imagine, it just fits the car so well.

It does fit well, I agree. But so does tangerine!

Right on! boldblue.gif A zambezi thread.
Scott Carlberg
Zambezi getting painted...

Click to view attachment

I don't think this is Zambezi, but it's a nice Green, IMHO

Click to view attachment

kconway
Here one I was gonna buy, its on Craigslist now and can be had for much less then is listed. Anyone interested, let me know and I'll share some info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.