Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine lid painting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I recently had my engine lid dipped to remove all the paint on it, and mostly grease. The trouble is, I cant remember how the bottom is supposed to be painted. I know the top side is black under the mesh grill, but is it also black on the bottom side of the lid? Or is the entire piece body colored on the bottom?

Thanks
JmuRiz
I believe they are body colored on the entire bottom. My car is in storage now, so I can't check right now, sorry.
olav
It's body colored.
thomasotten
As a follow-up question, the mesh grill and area of the lid directly under it should be semi-glass black, as opposed to flat black or full gloss - is that right?
tod914
The area under the grill is flat black, the grill is semigloss. That's how mine looks anyway.. 35 year old paint.
Thomas, I'll take a look tomorrow and try to post some mpegs for you.
Pat Garvey
driving.gif
"grill" should be semi-gloss top & underside, as well as the supporting structure.
maf914
I don't know how accurate it has to be, but the body color portions of the engine lid are full color gloss on the exterior top surfaces and relatively dull color over primer on the underside. If I were to repaint, I'd paint it gloss top and bottom, but I'm not concerned about the concours thing.
RustyWa
Is there a difference between "semi-gloss" and satin? I thought it was satin black.
tod914
Click to view attachmentSatin and Semi-gloss same thing... Paints abit faded on mine, but they are both Satin.. If you need more detailed shots for masking let me know. Be happy to shoot some for yah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.