Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Computer Recomendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
I am not up to date on who is in and who is out in the computer manufacturer list.

My son - graduate IU - had a dell till he lost it in the fire last year (that was another story) - He liked it. He then went out with the ins. money and bought a sony viao - worked really well till a couple of months ago then blue screen of death. He had had a prioir problem and the tech support was great 9 months ago. Now he is getting the run around.

Soooo he is looking.

He does video editing on the machine. (Degree in telecomunications) He is also a little bit of a gamer.

So who does he stay away from? And any recommendations?

TIA

M
fitsbain
His current problem could be a software coruption issue.

May need a software reload.

Also could be hardware but that is less likely.

Let me know if you need help getting the software restored to origional.
Eric Taylor
Macbook Pro - If he's doing video editing mac would be the way to go. You can't beat the ease of us of a mac and Final Cut Pro on a mac is amazing for video. I used it professionally for a couple of years and loved it. Mac all the way smile.gif

Eric
dagdal1967
If you really end up looking for another one, I've had great luck over a long period of time with Dell. I also have an HP at home that I am VERY happy with.

If you want to save a little cash, then use DELL's factory outlet. They sell "wrong builds", overstocks, and refurbs for much less than standard price and they come with the same guarantees a new one comes with. I have a DELL refurb Laptop and have had 2 refurm desktops that lasted like IRON.

www.delloutlet.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.