Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to check if your plugs are firing...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
While trying to figure out what could possibly be causing my injection issues with megasquirt I conducted a little experiment.

Using my timing light I clipped onto one of the spark plug wires and cranked the engine. Of course it flashed when that plug was fired. Then I moved to the suspect cylinder, guess what.. no flash.

I pulled the plug and found it was fouled, totally black. I verified that it wouldnt spark by cranking the engine with the plug grounded. No spark.

Changed the plug and Bingo.. spark and a flash from the timing light.

Also useful when the engine is running too, i wish i thought of this earlier. Hopefully i'm on my way to converting my 2cyl type IV to a full 4 banger.

Cheers clap56.gif
lapuwali
When I saw the title, I assumed this was going to be a question, and my first thought was: pull out your timing light...
yarin
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Apr 18 2006, 06:36 PM) *

When I saw the title, I assumed this was going to be a question, and my first thought was: pull out your timing light...

Exactly. I never thought plugs could get this fouled so they wouldnt spark. Great minds think alike. givemebeer.gif
jsteele22
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Apr 18 2006, 04:36 PM) *

And I was thining : Pull the heads ??? av-943.gif
cdmcse
Chop Sticks?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.