Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Speedfest Ad in Excellence Mag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Quilmes
mad.gif This caught my attention in the last two Excellence magazines and I thought someone would have caught this and made a change to their add.
Is it my impression or does this event not want 914’s or 968 to participate in this event.
Unless they are covering them selves with 924/944/928 as water cooled cars for a 968 and Porsche Boxter for a 914.

Just my two cents worth.
dead horse.gif dead horse.gif dead horse.gif
blitZ
I interpret this as the magazine stating the 914 is in a class by itself.

Somewhere.... unsure.gif
DonTraver
Probably just a mistake. There are getting to be so many models that it's starting to get hard to remember them all. The only people I know that can remember them all, are just a bit on the obsessive side, ok a lot.
rick 918-S
That's out charity for the WCC this year.

Excellence is not responible for that add. Pete is actually a 914 owner and big time supporter .

I ddin't get that mag yet.... idea.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 18 2006, 03:28 PM) *

Excellence is not responible for that add. Pete is actually a 914 owner and big time supporter .

So, everyone that can, show up in your teener and beat their tail draggin asses.....with your car of course....I mean were not animals....most of us anyway.... biggrin.gif
URY914
They don't want me comin'.

I'll run circles around thier asses... mad.gif

(sound pretty tough don't I bye1.gif )
RickS
No doubt an oversight. Since 912s and 924s are on the invite list, they weren't exactly looking for only the massive horsepower set. So bring in some teeners with high hp and show them the errors of their oversightedness.
Quilmes
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 18 2006, 03:28 PM) *

It's been in the last two or three issues.
I would never blame Pete, just the Advertiser should have paid more attention.

But that Excellence issue May 2006 page 119 they did make a mistake by puting a photo of a 74 3.0 Red RSR with it looking like a RHD 911, then in the folling pages page 122 it's a LHD car. I think that they flipped the photo around to make it look cool.
The good thing about that issuse is a Silver 911 71 T with RSR flares body look, SWEET, SWEET, SWEET. That silver 911 and Jake Olsen Black Beauty 911 RSR are very nice to look at.

We should go to this a event and block the entrance with the MID-ENGINE 914's and show them the big mistake for not inviting 914's to play with them, then get on the track and whip some @ss.

Just my loud thoughts, I just love going to the track with my 914 and letting people know that they just got beat by a VW-PORSCHE.

VIVA LA 914 "VIVA" biggrin.gif

jimtab
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 18 2006, 05:54 PM) *

They don't want me comin'.

I'll run circles around thier asses... mad.gif

(sound pretty tough don't I bye1.gif )

YEAH...get em Paul.... ar15.gif
wbergtho
I can't wait to get my car on the track with the 911 crowd. Teach them a lesson in midengined agility (5.1 pds per HP...that ought to do it)
914forme
My auto-x club runs the auto-x with them, we fit in the Race Car category. But there will be all sorts of cars there.

I really get depressed each time I go to a Taj event. GT2s GT3s Carrera GT old and new, 550s 959s. but it is a wonderful place to visit. He also has a 914-6 so its just a mistake. Call it target marketing. But then this area has a ton of Rare Porsches, Ferraris, Cobras etc..... Its a different crowd than I run with.

Paul come on up, I need somebody to take TTOD, unfortunately my car can't do it yet. To heavy and to little HP - thats solvable av-943.gif

Not pending any major life issues I will be in attendance for at-least the auto-x, maybe the other events.

So there will be one 914 at the event.

Take care, Stephen
914forme
914-6 in the collection. John Dixon is a collector, and car nut. He has a great collection. drooley.gif I have to give him that. And does a ton of stuff in this area to help local charities. smilie_pokal.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.