Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Club.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
It seems like the BBS is most active monday thru friday durring work hours. Traffic/post certainly goes down on the weekends and in the evenings. The record for most users on line was at 1:15 pm on a friday. I'm just currious how many of you are spending time here when you are being paid to be doing something productive.
Boldylocks
Paid to do something productive - laugh.gif

The hardest job I have held since graduate school required 50% of my time -undivided attention-. So, I give an hour, take 15 minutes, give an hour, take 1/2 hour, give 4 hours, take 15 minutes - yadda yadda yadda.

Productivity is a relative term, right? dance.gif
fiid
Work (for me) sucks. I'd rather be surfing here. If the group I work for had any sort of clue, I'd be working.

It does pay though... It is tough to argue with that.

Fiid.
J P Stein
THEY.........moniter the puters.
Anything over 6 minutes gets recorded...or so I hear.
SirAndy
i am da boss ...

between

smash.gif coding watermarking algorithms and the such

fighting19.gif playing quake3

driving.gif there's always the 914club

Andy
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 18 2003, 12:52 PM)
The record for most users on line was at 1:15 pm on a friday.

1315 PDT is 1615 EDT - my week's pretty much over by Friday afternoon...
TheCabinetmaker
I would love to vote, but I am the boss and my home and business are the same place! I'm always here, I'm always working, I'm always tired, and it gets real fking old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fat Tire, take me away!
Queenie
My job requires me to be at my desk 95% of the time. Even when I run out of busywork, I'm still supposed to be here because it's my responsibility to answer the phones (I'm a receptionist - glamourous, eh?). I refuse to sit here and twiddle my thumbs, so I get a lot of online reading done.

wink.gif
tracks914
I am da boss too...that's why all my surfing is done at home. idea.gif
Andyrew
If the school's computers where open, I would be on here durring lunch.. but I am normally on here about 2+ hours a day.

Andrew
Jenny
Of course, the people that vote "100% at home, I don't work" would be the first to vote in this poll, huh?

Queenie- I answer phones as well. beerchug.gif Gives me plenty of time to read, type, and bid on stuff while at work

Jen
echocanyons
I yousta get most of my 914 online fix while I was at work until they cataloged my time spent and where and showed it to me unsure.gif
Since then I've tried to not visit my friends at the 914 club while at work. (but Ive been thinkin real hard about gettin a PDA with wireless internet and just being on the sly ph34r.gif )

BTW in one month my tally for non-business related internet work was 48hrs! blink.gif and sittin right there at the top of the list(highest usage) was 914club.

musta been a slow month confused24.gif
Good thing I have understanding superiors!

No worries I still get my 914 fix at work I just step out and look at my car!
Korijo
Dont tell her, but I'm the boss too !!

laugh.gif blink.gif
rick 918-S
echocanyons, I just read your post. My wife and I were just talking about surfing at work. I read your post to my wife and we laughed to tears! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I have my office in my house. I work live on the company server. They have an auto download of all my activity. It just pops on at random and sends a mirror of my activities. I don't use my work computer for personal use. But I have my personal computer right next to me if I want to take a break. beerchug.gif
echocanyons
Rich,
Its a pretty hard to explain why they paid you for a whole week for surfing the internet. happy11.gif

But lesson learned
Brad Roberts
Kelly ..that is awesome. It sounds like the IT guy's have nothing better to do than monitor employees.

B
echocanyons
musta been a slow month for them too laugh.gif
Queenie
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 18 2003, 02:59 PM)

Queenie- I answer phones as well. Gives me plenty of time to read, type, and bid on stuff while at work

beerchug.gif

Cheers, Jen! Let's hear it for the phone-answering, 914-driving girls/chicks/ladies/women of the world! All two of us! Woohoo!

(There may well be more of us out there, but you and I get extra credit for posting here.)
jnp914
I'm on a Federal government system.

Monitor this finger.gif
Pnambic
Ever since I got a broadband connection at home, I have to compete with my wife for Internet time. (She almost always wins at Rock-Scissors-Paper huh.gif )

*(shrug)*

As long as I can get my fix during the day, I'd rather be working on the car or playing with my boys when I'm at home anyway. smile.gif
Jeroen
Well, first thing I do when I get to the office is check my e-mail and messages here
That way I can catch up with you guys while I was sleeping biggrin.gif
Beyond that, not much activity here while I'm working.
By the time I go home you guys show up for work and start posting here
So most of my visits here are in the evening and late night

cheers,

Jeroen
mharrison
I'm the one who monitors the internet usage at work....

But, probably 75% at home 25% at work.

How do all you people not work??? That's the majority right now!!!
I want some of that!!
Jeroen
QUOTE(mharrison @ Sep 20 2003, 05:37 AM)

They all got fired because they were surfing 914world.com instead of working biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
redshift
I live at work, I work, and work, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am going to have to get a second job, now that the turbo thread snagged me.

smile.gif

M
redshift
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 19 2003, 12:58 AM)
Kelly ..that is awesome. It sounds like the IT guy's have nothing better to do than monitor employees.

B

I need to be in corpOrate IT then, I am getting tired of driving an hour to do things like reboots, and plugging them in.

Not really, I like driving for an hour.

wink.gif

Users? Nice people, but they couldn't fight their way out of a rusty teener with bad seals.

M
mharrison
It sounds like you do contract work...Is that correct? I do a little of that too, it helps support my air-cooled habit!
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(mharrison @ Sep 19 2003, 07:37 PM)
I want some of that!!

You work long hours and many years, then you get to retire smilie_pokal.gif which is why I now get to surf from home smile.gif
Hawktel
I do 90% of my "time" on 914 from work. Cause lets face it, mindlessly repeating to a postmaster "No your going to need a rDNS on that to send to us" doesn't take all my time.

Even if it did, Well I'm looking for a new Job anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.