Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing engine tin...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Is it possible to remove the engine tin with the engine in the car? I'm pretty sure that I've read it's possible, so perhaps the real questions should be how much harder is it to remove the tin with the engine in the car?

Is it worth it to take the time and drop the engine? Will I be further ahead to do it that way? All I'mm looking to do is give it a good cleaning, and maybe paint the tin while it's out. My oil temps seem to be a bit high, so I'd like to clean the cooler, and make sure there is nothing blocking the cooling.

So, to drop the enigne or not?

Thanks,

So.Cal.914
I would. If you are going to clean you might as well clean. smoke.gif
MartyYeoman
Take it out.
914werke
Drop it. Your setting yourself up for a lot of cursing!
Nor.Cal.914
I'd have to say from experience, either way works. I think dropping at least the front of the motor some way down makes it a whole lot easier. But yeah I'd have to say listen to these guys and just drop the whole motor and clean it all aktion035.gif Thanks
-Chris
jhadler
I suppose the tin _can_ be removed while the engine is in the car. But why? It'll wind up taking you a lot longer than if you had just gone ahead and pulled the motor. And it'll be A LOT easier with the motor out.

Major headace if you leave the engine in there. Yeah, just pull it. You'll be glad you did... But stick to your plan, just remember poor old Drik...

(do a search on "DWD")

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.