Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many miles on your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

Just curious as to how many miles you guys and gals have on your teeners?
Joe Ricard
I don't really have any idea, about 60K on the current engine. 19K on the Odometer,
Not many Original parts left. the VIN plate I am sure has alot.
blitZ
My odometer displays the same miles all the time, so I don't know the true mileage. It's on my never ending todo list.
Gustl
85,361 miles

76,872 miles were driven in the states, mostly in CA

8,489 miles were driven in Europe, most of 'em through the Alps rocking nana.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
KaptKaos
confused24.gif

You need to add a "Not a clue" answer.....
914fan
A little over 80K on this motor (with hydros) gonna get rebuilt.
10K on the previous motor. (bad PO)
65K on the original
So 155K or so. That does not include the MANY miles driven without a spedo. It could be as high as 180K.
pib
146k as far as I can tell from the service records that came with the car.
Lived in California it's entire life.
gopack
62000. says so right on the (non)functioning odometer!
sixerdon
One of mine has just a little over 13K miles. I'm only 50 miles south of Boston if you want to see it. It's the real thing. No joke.

Don
MattR
Tobra
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Apr 19 2006, 01:37 PM) *

One of mine has just a little over 13K miles. I'm only 50 miles south of Boston if you want to see it. It's the real thing. No joke.

Don

you need a kidney or anything Don?

Mine says about 30,000. No idea if that means 30, 130, 230... I am guessing 130,000

Original owner was a woman(or perhaps a transvestite), as evidenced by the make up kit I found in the little well below the driver's side headlight. The bug said 70,000 when Mom got it back from me, but it had turned over twice, and the odometer was broken for about 5 years, so who knows on that one
grantsfo
Spoke
82K on the red 71
137K on the green 74

Spoke
guywan914
49875 I think, just sent the speedo to north hollywood this morning. The motor has 0 miles since the it was sent to Jake. Hope to start putting some miles on by and of summer. Is there a formula to calculate time on jackstands into miles?
Heeltoe914
238K and I have all the Doc, to prove it. All driven by the same owner for 33 years untill I took it off his hands because he was just unable to get in without hurting his back. Yes he was said and for a few days emailed me to tell how he felt like he lost his firend. car is as perfect as I have seen in years without ever being restored. Just in the last 6 years over 8k was put into ( motor, trans and paint to name a few.) In fact this is the best shifting 914 I have ever driven. And I have driven over 75. (as a POC driving instuctor) It is the wht car.
cantley914
49,871 miles on my 73 2.0L (on the rotisserie)

Steph

biggrin.gif
joeav8tor
15,300....73 2.0 with working odometer and original paperwork.
Joe flag.gif
Dr. Roger
55,568 on this Cali native.

Been stored in 3 different owners garages in different stages of "broke" condition.

First sold in the bay area. beerchug.gif Never left.

dang this pic reminds me to find that missing steering wheel bolt.........
balljoint
Lots of low mile Porsches up by me. They only get driven for part of the year. Problem is that doesn't translate into rust-free garage queen. unsure.gif
drewvw

I forgot to post my own deets: 91K on the car, about 10ish on the engine.

Northeastern 914 its whole life, and has done a pretty good job surviving. biggrin.gif
gary gartner
164k and change
Vasak Polak, Manhattan Beach car
one rebuild at about 56k
2 nd repaint piratenanner.gif
Allan
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Apr 19 2006, 01:08 PM) *

confused24.gif

You need to add a "Not a clue" answer.....

agree.gif
redshift
Just the one, that I know of.

blink.gif

M
Doug Leggins
18 so far after the rebuild. Trying to get more every day.
jd74914
about 180,000 but when it gets back on the road basically all of the moving parts will be new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.