Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello ticket season!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

I come out to my driveway this morning to find TWO count them TWO tickets. One on my 944, other on my 914.

914 was ticketed for "No front license plate". Durf, it was on the dashboard.

944 was ticketed for "No front license plate" and "Expired registration". Again, plate on dash. I check my tags and ... wtf, someone stole them??!! Month and year stickers are both gone.

Can you say ticket fairy?

What the fuck!

It's this kind of shit that makes me upset with the local police. Not only are they easily bribed here in Riverside, but they spend more time ticketing cars at 1AM than they do responsing to gunshot calls, vandalism calls, and dumbass teenagers racing up and down my block. And the obvious disregard for not only my plates being viewable but my license stickers being gone when they were stolen a day or two ago (I was just mentioning to skliney yesterday).

/vent
pinch.gif boid.gif Yack.gif stromberg.gif
Brando
Oh yeah, they hit my whole block for anything they could. Mostly missing front plate tickets or too-far away from the curb, neighbors across the street got "Driveway blocked by vehicle." Whatever the fuck that is when you've got cars parked in your driveway.
Hawktel
I'm just glad Riverside has such low crime the police can take time away from the important crimes to bust your sorry butt for these traffic issues.

I'm just kidding. Sounds like Andy needs to take away Barney's one bullet again.
Toast
Someone needed to meet their quota. dry.gif

Nevermind what I said earlier..........bad advice. My bad.
r_towle
let me get this straight.
You got a ticket on a car PARKED in YOUR driveway?
WTF country do you live in?

Then the thread in Ohio that says the town can tow the car off youir PRIVATE property...

this is silly.
If you guys in CA let the legislators make laws that you can get a ticket in your own driveway, that is insane.

I would seriously start some sort of statewide issue on this and bring in all the big gun car guys...that is really to much.

Ok, so if I am working on my car...I take off the front plate to fix the braket, I get called for dinner..never go back outside...A cop comes by and gives me a ticket for not displaying the plate on my car, parked in my driveway?????
On My Property???

WOW, I love the Northeast...even with the snow...
You guys may have nice weather...but the hobby is getting ruined by politics...

Rich
So.Cal.914
The law say's that your car has to have those things to operate on the street.

They were probably on the street. Otherwise I would fight it. smoke.gif
BMITCHELL
dry.gif
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 19 2006, 09:40 PM) *

The law say's that your car has to have those things to operate on the street.

They were probably on the street. Otherwise I would fight it. smoke.gif

Here it Ventura county AKA Moorpark, they use reserve officers(Sheriff) for parking patrol. Might be a badge heavy young guy trying to make points.
Andyrew
In your paved driveway or on the street?

I wouldnt stand for it if it was on your private property...

Thats rather BS...
Brando
914 was on the street...

944 however, in the driveway (oil slicks to prove it).
Andyrew
fight it.

He cant show up for EVERY ticket he's going to have to fight!! and he cant defend that one.

"expired registration" "Ok, yup, there expired, sorry, but I parked it in my driveway and was working on an oil leak. (the sob might have ripped off your registration himself.. fyi) I havent driven it though, it was parked in my driveway your honor"
Oh, and while your signing off tickets.. he said my front plate was off my other car, yes your honor, same night, and the car was in the street, but the plate was on top of the dash, Its a porsche and it has a wierd mount for the plate, but I broke it and was waiting for a replacement to come in the mail"

pfierb

I Guess Connecticut isn't so bad .....The police here could never get away with ticketing a car in your own driveway,there are cars around here with no plates at all sitting in driveways forever.
I thought all the Nazis moved to paraguay or Argentina after the war.
redshift
Your state, but still, my country..

I wonder what the Mexican police do to people who have cars parked in their driveways? Maybe we should ask an 'UDI'... just wait for the laws to change locally...

-whistles-

M
pfierb
QUOTE(redshift @ Apr 20 2006, 04:22 AM) *

Your state, but still, my country..

I wonder what the Mexican police do to people who have cars parked in their driveways? Maybe we should ask an 'UDI'... just wait for the laws to change locally...

-whistles-

M

What is a UDI?
redshift
I don't want to sound all 'political', but basically, it's an invader.

M
pfierb
QUOTE(redshift @ Apr 20 2006, 06:59 AM) *

I don't want to sound all 'political', but basically, it's an invader.

M

The tax invaders haven't arrived here as of yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time before they start coming ashore from U-boats operating in long Island sound....I'm sure they will find something they haven't taxed as of yet here in Connecticut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.