Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reinstalling the Sound deadener on firewall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John
I will be reinstalling my interior sound deadener pad soon and am wondering what glue I should try. I have a can of 3M Super Trim Adhesive (not the General Trim Adhesive) and it may work fine, but that pad is quite heavy and I don't think that is what it was glued in with previously.

Thanks for your suggestions.
blitZ
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Apr 20 2006, 03:09 AM) *

I will be reinstalling my interior sound deadener pad soon and am wondering what glue I should try. I have a can of 3M Super Trim Adhesive (not the General Trim Adhesive) and it may work fine, but that pad is quite heavy and I don't think that is what it was glued in with previously.

Thanks for your suggestions.

You might consider replacing it with Dynomat for FatMat, it's lighter, more effective and self sticking.
Tobra
That pad is apparently a debris and water trap. Mine does not have a problem, but this is a rust generation area, or so I am told.
IronHillRestorations
The last few project I've built have used fender washers and self tapping screws to assist the metal tabs in securing the sound pad. 3M super adhesive was used in conjuction with the mechanical fasteners.
solex
3M Spray Adhesive worked for me. It has been hanging for about a year now without any problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.