Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nuther caliper rotor question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
I searched through a sea of threads about the combinations possible.
Best I could figure is everyone has an opinion and only some have ever done it.
The best thread had Eric Shea doing some stuff and then I never seen a definative answer.

OK. I have all early components on the Red Neck Racer. Rotors are getting thin and just by chance the new parts car came with brand new rotors and pads.

Can I put the late rotor on my early spindle with early calipers. I also have late calipers of unknown condition. Rather not do a rebuild.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Apr 20 2006, 07:29 AM) *

I searched through a sea of threads about the combinations possible.
Best I could figure is everyone has an opinion and only some have ever done it.
The best thread had Eric Shea doing some stuff and then I never seen a definative answer.

OK. I have all early components on the Red Neck Racer. Rotors are getting thin and just by chance the new parts car came with brand new rotors and pads.

Can I put the late rotor on my early spindle with early calipers. I also have late calipers of unknown condition. Rather not do a rebuild.

Also put the Pagid pads on the front. They are black not sure which of the two compounds they are . got a series of numbers and HO in the corner. Seems to stop OK but not completely bedded in yet.
I was able to make a good quick stop from 70. Tried to hold it right at the threshold of lock up. easily modulated and if they get better than this OH buddy ths car is going to be a real hoot on the track.
Cap'n Krusty
The last time we talked about this (maybe 2-3 weeks ago), IIRC, Eric was VERY clear that you could transfer the rotors IF you also transferred the calipers and used the appropriate pad style. The Cap'n
Jaiden
You can use the early caliper's and rotor's or the late caliper and rotor but not a combination of either. I just went through this and I have early struts and late rotors calipers. I Ordered early rotors and they did not work with the late calipers.
I still have the rotors I'll sell them for $40 each (paid $51) plus the shipping but if not go with the late rotors and calipers.

Joe Ricard
Jaiden you have a PM

Geesh I'l never get ahead of things if I don't quit buying shit.

Shoulda put an air conditioner in the dog house.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.