Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Lid piping... NLA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Hey all,

Was wondering what you have used to replace this piping. Please provide a source if you have one. Other question, do the grills come off easily for repainting? I seen the fasteners underneath but they wont budge.

Click to view attachment
Howard
JC Whitney VW catalogue. 20ft length IIRC. Cheep.

I have more trouble trying to keep those little fasteners on. Just gently pry off. biggrin.gif
Randal
McMaster Carr has that molding. High quality. http://www.mcmaster.com/
SLITS
I prolly have that piece new...bought off eBay in error
tod914
Would you guys mind posting a part number or direct link... Ive been through both sites and can't seem to find a close substitute. Thanks. That Mc Master-Carr is daunting... so many parts. Found some good isolation material for my stereo equiptment on it. Thanks.

Slits if you have the pieces (3), let me know if you would like to sell them. Its the plastic strips depicted here. Not the weather striping. Thanks smile.gif
Click to view attachment
nomore9one4
I have those pieces brand new and still in the original bag.I purchased them and never installed them.Let me know.
nomore9one4
I should say I have all 3 of them. New in the bags.
Doug Leggins

If "tod914" doesn't take them I am interested.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Apr 20 2006, 09:14 AM) *

If "tod914" doesn't take them I am interested.

I will let you know if he is not interested.Bob beerchug.gif
tod914
Sure Sold BOB... I'll take em. If you like PM me your info and what you would like for it and I'll send you out a check. Thanks.
nomore9one4
I will dig the parts out and Pm you with the details on friday.Thanks
tod914
Thanks Bob. Doug if you want my old set its in very nice shape. It's just that a 1/2 " piece is broken off the end on the center piece.
Be a month or two before I take it off though.
nomore9one4
Tod,PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.