Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picture of my clean engine back in finally!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Just to show everyone I do work on my 914!

Geoff
swood
Way to go Geoff! Looks great! Good thing you took a picture...to remember what clean bright orange looks like.

Did you happen to take a pic of how you mounted the battery tray? Was it just a simple couple bolts?
Bleyseng
Pop rivets down thru into the support and 2 bolts out the side. Pretty simple but I want to be able to clean.

Geoff
swood
Definately a good idea. I want to do that too prior to painting.
kafermeister
Wow! That's sharp. smilie_pokal.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Did you move the mps. or is it not installed yet?
StratPlayer
Very very nice, well done smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
ChrisReale
I see the MPS. Look to the right of the screen, you can barely see the hose on it
TheCabinetmaker
Ah yes, I see the plug also. I hate where mine is.
Qarl
Finally some pics of your clean engine. I've been waiting.

boldblue.gif

NICE and clean... I see we have others that have OCD... heh heh heh!

I bet it will run cooler too.

Congrats!
TeamAxisRacing
yep car looks great, now if you could only fix the tranmission. Then you could drive and use all of the gears not just 4th happy11.gif
Bleyseng
I pulled out the gear stack and installed some differ sliders and arms. The others were too sloppy.
Geoff
RustyWa
Looks Sweet! clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
That battery will end up on the engine.. mark my words. I have NEVER seen a battery tray stay in place that wasnt welded. The weight of the battery will eventually work the rivets loose.

It does look GREAT however. Good job. I wish I had time spruce Lyressa's engine compartment up.

B
ChrisReale
I think Im going to tackle that job this winter. Or, if (when) I move to the bay area, I might have to wait for those three months of rain
Andyrew
That battery will end up on the engine.. mark my words. I have NEVER seen a battery tray stay in place that wasnt welded. The weight of the battery will eventually work the rivets loose.

Alright, I was kinda thinkin why people didnt tell me to just rivet the tray on.. Glad I put an inch of mig welding on it ohmy.gif (yes overkill, but I didnt want any watter seeping through..)

Ya it does look great though! Looks like mine, just nicer!

Andrew
Brad Roberts
I'll do it for you..for free (you pay for the parts) IF you move here.

B
ChrisReale
I talked to the guy in charge of hiring at Tourneau (place where i will work) and they have a place for me in San Fran, and possibly San Jose....hope my background check comes back ok. It should....
Brad Roberts
San Jose would be cheaper for you and the weather is nicer in SJ than it is in SF. SF has fog 70% of the year.

B
fiid
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 18 2003, 08:58 PM)

Alright, I was kinda thinkin why people didnt tell me to just rivet the tray on.. Glad I put an inch of mig welding on it ohmy.gif (yes overkill, but I didnt want any watter seeping through..)

Ya it does look great though! Looks like mine, just nicer!

Andrew

I made my own battery tray (mucho cheaper than replacement) and welded the entire length of it to the side of the car :-)

Should hold.
Andyrew
I didnt make mine.. (didnt have time) but I did put an inch weld (had a large gap, easy fix, hehehe) all along the side..

I'll look though my dads pics for some he said "dont post these to the board" I know I have one showing all the ugly things...

Andrew
rhodyguy
nice geoff. if it runs you're off the list.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.