Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay: Shift Knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav
This seems to be a little outrageous or what?

The Knob

IPB Image

ohmy.gif
blitZ

Seems a little steep. blink.gif

I was eyeing a really nice leather bound knob last week, finally sold for over $60 or so. I'll keep my scuffed up knob for a while.
Allan
I've seen them go for over $150.00.

Just doesn't make sense to me but I guess if you a cw and need it.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(olav @ Apr 20 2006, 08:29 AM) *

This seems to be a little outrageous or what?

The Knob

IPB Image

ohmy.gif

Tried to find one lately? The selling price reflects the level of desire on the part of the buyer. It only seems outrageous to someone who doesn't want/need it. Hey, my brother in law drinks beer that costs $12/case, and he thinks I'm nuts for drinking beer that costs 3 times that much. It's all in how you look at things ............ The Cap'n
Porsche Rescue
The market is driven in large part by the recent upsurge in early 911 interest/value...not just a 914 item.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Apr 20 2006, 07:50 AM) *

The market is driven in large part by the recent upsurge in early 911 interest/value...not just a 914 item.

agree.gif I sold a ok leather steering wheel on ebay last month and got over $200 for it clap56.gif thumb3d.gif Went to guy that is doing a RS replica.
pfierb
This guy never seems to run out of this shift knob same picture and description.....I bid on the same knob about 6 months ago and no matter how high I went some one else was the winner.....everty couple of weeks the same knob comes up on his auction,very strange. I complained to E Bay and got nowhere.
morph
I've sold cracked knobs on ebay for as much as $120, and I start them out at 10 or 20 bucks. There is ways to fix the cracks but I'm not sure how. If I'm not mistaken you can buy new replicas from Performance Products for around $79.

Hiedi
914-8
The current price isn't high at all, I'm sure it will go much higher.

That knob looks like it's in excellent condition. These didn't age all that well (cracks, etc), and have been NLA for a long time.

The Performance Products "replicas" aren't really very close to original appearing at all. They don't have the clear top part, but instead are just have the shift pattern engraved on.

So if you have a 914 or a 911 that you want original, and need a stock knob in excellent condition . . .

There HAVE been some ridiculously high sales on shift knobs. There was a used 911SC shift knob that went for $300 on eBay in the last couple of months! Now THAT's ridiculous. That exact knob is still available brand new from the factory for around $80. Used, it's a $25-50 market value part, depending on condition. $300 was a laugher!
LowGT
I found the original knob behind my seat when I was taking the interior out. I must be sitting on a gold mine. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.