Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pelican Parts..............
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racing916
I am not bashing pelican parts because they are a good resource and the people there are pretty helpful and freindly bu how come it takes so long for them to put the parts in a box, tape up the box, print a damn label and than ship it. I ordered parts on the 15th they are being shipped the 19th. This is not the first time either. I would be pissed if I did 2 day mail or over night and they took 5 days to ship it. PELICAN IF YOU HAVE SUCH GOOD BUSINESS THAT YOU CAN NOT SHIP PARTS OUT THE NEXT DAY THAN HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!!
siverson
Ummm... You know they don't stock everything they sell. It's not like it's all just sitting on a shelf waiting for your order.

-Steve
drewvw

yup...that is an important thing you find out eventually. But I agree, they should let you know before you drop cash on the quick shipping.
1bad914
Internet or phone order? I find that internet orders take longer. Not sure why, but when I call and place the order it usually goes out the same day or the next. Just my .02. I have had nothing but great service for Porsch and BMW parts.
ConeDodger
Considering that I own a 30 plus year old car and that there are less and less of them everyday and so less customers for Pelican and the likes I am pretty darn happy that they exist and that they do as good a job as they do....
Sorry your experience is not good but when you step back and look at the whole situation we are pretty darn lucky they bother. They could be selling to rice racers and making bank.
obscurity
I've only ordered one thing from Pelican but I placed the order monday (of this week) and paid for 3 day shippng. They guessed I would have it by Friday. It arrived tuesday before noon. Now thats service!
jonwatts
Plus they are drop-shipping from some of their suppliers so the parts never touch their warehouse. Most places do this since it's not considered competetive to carry all that inventory these days; but it can cause problems like this. I'm not making excuses for anybody, the problem is in the system. It's supposed to just work but the chance for screw-ups has gone up dramatically.
blitZ
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 20 2006, 12:49 PM) *

Plus they are drop-shipping from some of their suppliers so the parts never touch their warehouse. Most places do this since it's not considered competetive to carry all that inventory these days; but it can cause problems like this. I'm not making excuses for anybody, the problem is in the system. It's supposed to just work but the chance for screw-ups has gone up dramatically.

The 15th was a Saturday, the next working day was the 17th, so to ship on the 19th after a holiday weekend doesn't seem too outrageous.

Robert21
piratenanner.gif I got it too good call them, and when they have the part i drive
30mins and pick it up at will call. Robert21
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.