Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pressure sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
41ghost
how can pressure sensors be reconditioned or rebuilt? i've been told this can be done, but would like to know how.
BMartin914
Geoff Bleyseng (Bleyseng) would be the one to ask.
RustyWa
Geoff is heading out of the country very soon, if not already, for a month or so. Better hurry!
914rrr
With the cost of MPS' close to a grand, I would look for good used ones. I bought a NOS one (no box) at a VW show for $5. aktion035.gif You could buy an aftermarket FI controller for way less than a grand.

I believe I read that the rebuilt ones use a different metal for the diaphram, and don't respond quite the same as the original ones.
bd1308
If you can wait a couple of months....there is something HUGE on the horizon.

can you smell that? It's the smell of change......

Casper
Rebuild MPS units are available. I got one through my local VW aftermarket parts supplier. The cost was around $180 and there is a healthy core charge. If you can't find one anywhere else, call Cramm Foreign Parts in Omaha, 402-731-7098, ask for Phil and give him the part number off your old unit. If that does not work PM me and I'll give him a call.

Tom Cooper
tod914
I had a new one last year. Was very expensive and only lasted a week before the diaphram broke. It was made in France. Sent it back and had Geoff rebuild one for me. It's still working like a charm. If I recall, I thought he said the rebuilt ones by Brett Instruments are calibrated to 1.7 specs.. He can retune it as he did with mine.
TeamAxisRacing
im geoffs son and he is out of town for 2 months, i can recalibrate a mps if need be. i dont think we have a bunch of good cores if you send out a un-useable mps. the ones we rebuild have the orginal parts inside (of course in good working order) so there is no problems with that. if your interested dude pm me clap56.gif
bd1308
http://fuelinjectioncorp.com

these people bought out brett instruments, and I had a long discussion about mps's with a gentleman there. He said they almost perfectly replicate the original diapragm, and we both agreed that the copper/Be diapragm was much better than the steel ones.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.