Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not a effin poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
I had an the shitbox aligned today. Last year the rear camber was set at -.5
deg. Checked again today, it was -1.7.....this is not gud. Ya think sumthin' bent??

Anyhew, I had one effin' shim in my stash. I need more.....bout 4mms worth per side, I figure, but 8 mm would be better..... till whatever bends, breaks so's I can find it & fix it......the scientific method. So, 16 mms of shims....who's got em?
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 20 2006, 06:28 PM) *

I had an the shitbox aligned today. Last year the rear camber was set at -.5
deg. Checked again today, it was -1.7.....this is not gud. Ya think sumthin' bent??

What kind of rear suspension bushings do you have. If you have plastic, it wouldn't take much wear for 1 degree. Possibility.

Any chance the suspension was not really settled enough the last time you set it? Having unwillingly gone thru this three times, I found you have to move the car around everytime you change any of it.

Hope nothing is torn or broken. sad.gif

Hey, I thought the shitbox had a new name? biggrin.gif

nine14cats
Hi JP,

I'll check my stash to see if I have some shims. I used to...but's been so long since I've had a driving 914 I can't remember where they are.

I thought you had roller bearings in the back? 1 degree....no shit?

Tell me what you find...The Beast is getting roller bearings.

Bill P.
SLITS
In lieu of the "official plates" I would think appropriate size washers would do.
J P Stein
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Apr 20 2006, 05:01 PM) *

I thought you had roller bearings in the back? 1 degree....no shit?

Tell me what you find...The Beast is getting roller bearings.

Bill P.

Aye, one degree, no shit.
There is nothing visiable bent or broke.
I suspect the trailing arm.......but. confused24.gif
Our AX venues reeeally rough + 300 lb springs.
I'm praying for some oversteer with my "new improved" set-up this weekend so's I can put in some softer springs. No give in them needle brgs.
BTW, 1 deg over a 12 inch span is about .20 in.
J P Stein
A bump back ahead of all the dumb fucking poll bullshit.
I do need shims. Jim Chambers has a few he'll give up, but I need more.
I'm more that willing to PAY for some.
nine14cats
JP,

I looked through my sheeet and I can't find any shims....but I know I have some, cuz I pulled them out of my 914-6 when I was messing with the camber on it... blink.gif

I feel stoopid....I'll keep looking...

When you set the camber on the car with roller bearings...did you have to tweek the ears, or only shimming?...I've heard some people have to tweek the ears....

Bill P.
J P Stein
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Apr 20 2006, 08:42 PM) *

JP,

I looked through my sheeet and I can't find any shims....but I know I have some, cuz I pulled them out of my 914-6 when I was messing with the camber on it... blink.gif

I feel stoopid....I'll keep looking...

When you set the camber on the car with roller bearings...did you have to tweek the ears, or only shimming?...I've heard some people have to tweek the ears....

Bill P.

All I've ever done is shimming or removal of same....I don't understand the "tweak the ears" bit, but I'm sure willing to learn.
Rough_Rider
Sorry Mate i don't have any either.

However i think i'll be needing some pretty soon. Fancy buying a job lot through Engman?
Aaron Cox
JP - i have a small collection, cant have em all, but you can have some.

what sizes?

AND - ENGMAN makes new ones in 3 sizes.....
J P Stein
I got 3 ea 2mms from Jim.
I could use 2-3ea. 4mms or 3mms....or 4-6 ea 2mms.
I have to move both sides about 5mm.+/- some fudge.
I would return what I don't use.

Did ya get your chromie/shinnie thingies?
scottb
jp,

i am at hershey and engman is going to be here with his stuff. PM me what you want and i will buy and ship out to you. i figure you are good for it.

i plan on walking with a pile of his stuff anyway.....

let me know a contact number so i can call if there are any probs....

cheers,

scott
J P Stein
Thanks, I'll do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.