Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No more Ebay or paypal for Me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I dont know if you remember those BBS wheels I was selling for the guy at work. This guy in Washington won them and I sent them to him. He sends me an email about how he is having trouble finding tires for 11 inch wide 15inch rims. I tell him to check Cocker, Hoosier and a couple of other places that he can find them but they are not cheap. Well he looks into the cost of the tires then e mails me about how much tires are going to cost and how you have to take the wheels apart to change tires and I should have put that in the listing. I told told him he should have checked into that before he purchased them. Well he files a complaint with EBAY and PAYPAL wanting his money back. He sends in this super long complaint making me out to be the Devil because I would not refund his money and the rims are junk I pulled off some reck. There was nothing wrong with the rims other than 1 small curb rash but they were not bent. PayPal lets you have all of 200 characters to answer the complaint. There is no way I can go into the details of how he is a whiner who changed his mind after he found out the cost of tires. Well PAYPAL finds in his favor and says I must give him his money back. He is to ship them to me at his cost then they will tap my account for $795.00 I have no say. So I call them and after 35 minutes on hold I get a customer service rep who all she can say is I must email them my side. In the mean time the buyer takes the wheels to FEDEX to ship them and finds out it will cost him a ton to ship so he goes to EBAY and gives me a bad feed back. EBAY has me locked out because of the dispute so I cant reply. So as of 20 min. ago I have canceled my EBAY and PAYPAL. I am just going to do swap meets or sell here or the bird board.
tracks914
Been there done that.
I bought a DVD player for my laptop from a company in California.
I went to pay for it and they won't accept my PayPal because it is tied to a Canadian bank.
I tried to pay with a credit card and they won't accept that either.
They say I have to pay cash in US funds.
Then they say they will not ship to Canada.
I tell them to keep the $35 item and repost it...then they lodge a complaint against me!!!!
3 weeks and 50 emails later, I get my name cleared.
914rrr
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. As an ebay seller, I quit taking PAYPAL years ago for just such reasons. PAYPAL is too lazy to follow up on complaints, so they pretty much automatically side with the buyer, no matter how much they're lying. sheeplove.gif

There are actually MANY ebay sellers who don't take PAYPAL. What I have done as a seller is only accept cashiers checks or cash as payment. I used to take BIDPAY, but they went out fo business or something. I've only recently began accepting personal checks, but only from bidders with good feedback and only after the check clears.

If you have the emails from the buyer as proof and wanted to make his life hell, all you have to do is report him to the FBI Internet fraud dept. It will take awhile, but they WILL follow through, and it doesn't cost you a cent. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Sorry to hear that...

some guys are dicks.. seems like thats all you've been dealing with lately...

Those rims ARE hard to find tires for... but there is only one tire that fits em good.. and its not something I would put on a porsche...

Sucks dude..

Andrew
JPB
Good advise fellas and will use it for my future Ebay deals. I also know of a guy who had his account drawn from by someone after he used Paypall for sale deposits. Not a good experience; checks or money orders only, ya baby.

beer.gif

Qarl
QUOTE(JPB @ Apr 20 2006, 10:28 PM) *

Good advise fellas and will use it for my future Ebay deals. I also know of a guy who had his account drawn from by someone after he used Paypall for sale deposits. Not a good experience; checks or money orders only, ya baby.

beer.gif

Well I received a rear chrome bumper from ebay today. Not as advertised. I'll see how my seller handles his end of the deal. I think it's fixable, but it will cost $$.

sad.gif

SirAndy
do they fit a porsche? if so, i'm interested once you get them back ...

pirelli still makes a performance tire in 345/35/15 ...
$450 for one ... ohmy.gif

cool_shades.gif Andy
campbellcj
Last I heard, ignorance was not a valid excuse for defaulting on a contract. The guy bought the wheels and you delivered them. If they were in the condition you advertised and he did not pay more than you agreed, you're in the right, and if it were me I would fight this BS tooth and nail.

I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV...but I've been known to write a really nasty complaint/rebuttal letter from time to time wink.gif
kconway
Paypal Blows!
I had an experience recently in that I didn't receive all the items that was listed in an auction I won. So I filed a complaint thinking this should be a slam dunk. I just asked for compensation for what it cost me to buy the part that was missing. 2-3 weeks later, after following all of Paypals requests for "expert opinions" they sided with the douchebag that ripped me off. 1 month later the douchebag is no longer a registered eBay user, FOR THE SECOND TIME.

I don't get it...
spare time toys
A quick update I get an email from PAYPAL that the jerk is droping his complaint. They must have sent him a copy of the email I sent them about him making a fraudulant claim. Also it seems he did not ship the wheels back as he claimed because they asked him for the tracking numbers and he said he had not shipped them he was holding off on that fer his money first. Guess he was going to try and double screw me. Thats OK I still have closed all my accounts with them and EBAY. Best dealings I have had are with folks here.
jsteele22

Yeah, I think Ebay is just too huge to have any sort of trust. I got scrood last fall when I "bought" a Subaru Engine for $500 + $300 S/H. Months of BS excuses from the seller, then nothing. To their credit, EBay did finally find in my favor (what's to find ?) and I got $175 back, which came out of their pocket. Seller had abruptly stopped taking PayPal right before this fiasco escalated.

Years ago, I got into woodworking with old (1900-ish) handtools. There was a cool, kooky online community that was a great place to hang out, BS, learn, and buy/sell stuff. (Sound familiar ?) They had a very interesting policy on sales. The seller would send the item to the buyer, and the buyer, after examining the item, would either pay the agreed price + S/H, or return the item at his/her own expense. Amazing that there was that much trust, and the polls showed that cheating was nearly unheard of. Then, everything went down the tubes when EBay came along - much easier to sell crap at outrageous prices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.