Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its friday, the bar opens early today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw
Its been a long week. Time to order a cold one. What will you be having?

IPB Image
dagdal1967
QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 21 2006, 06:21 AM) *

Its been a long week. Time to order a cold one. What will you be having?

IPB Image

Fat Tire please!
blitZ
I'll take a Black and Tan, please, make it a tall one. beer3.gif
drewvw

comin' right up. I don't know about you guys, but its 10:30am here and I am ready to head down to one of the waterfront bars and just ease the day away....
balljoint
I'm in. Lousy work week. beerchug.gif

IPB Image
Part Pricer
I'm ready to start as well.

blitZ
I love that ad, PartsPricer. We use to get Blatz in High School as it was only $1.29 a sixer. If it's good enough for Groucho, it's good enough for me.
riverman
Here is one of my favourite recipes:

Pitcher of Black Russian:

1 26oz. bottle of Vodka
1 26oz. bottle of Kahlua

- combine the two ingredients in a large pitcher
- serve over ice in a glass of your choice
- may be garnished with a Marichino cherry
nomore9one4
Corona...beer3.gif
mrdezyne
Milk and beer doesn't sound like a great combo, but this is one smooth stout.
sjhowitson
I will have Pacifico. Bring one every ten minutes till someone passes out. Then bring one every 15.

Cheers beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif Starting to feel like a trip to Hooters is in order. Who' s up for some wings?
Howard
It's not the brand, it's the presentation that counts.
sjhowitson
You gotta love Hot Female Bar tenders. shocked[1].gif
Jenny
My fav.IPB Image

Runner upIPB Image

Yum! I'm going to an A's game tonight, and they have both on tap! beerchug.gif

Jen
zymurgist
I'm going to Ellicott Mills (brewpub) for a late lunch. We'll see what's on tap when I get there! beer3.gif
sjhowitson
The A's must be trying to bring in a higher class of fans. Last time I went there It was lall BUD all the time. Got a good buzz on now. Not much work going to get done today beer.gif
ptravnic
The Chosen Beer... Anyone ever tried it?

Click to view attachment
zymurgist
You can find good local micros at Camden Yards, too. Gotta get out of your seat and go to the tap, but it's well worth the walk.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(sjhowitson @ Apr 21 2006, 08:26 AM) *

You gotta love Hot Female Bar tenders. shocked[1].gif

I thought that was the cocktail table!
mightyohm
Anchor Steam has a Boch beer right now that is very tasty...
drunk.gif
Mike D.
Try this one, It's called a Car Bomb (IRA, get it?)

10 oz. Guinness Extra Stout
1 oz. Jameson's Irish Whiskey
1 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream

Guinness in a large pint glass, mix Jameson and Baileys in shot glass. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness, and slam the whole thing beer3.gif

Taste like Chocolet Cake...
Goge
It's after noon somewhere in the world.

I'd like a McMenamins HammerHead. Always been my favorite. Too bad ya can't get it in a bottle...

The wife's out tonight so I'm stuck with the kids. Plop in a movie for 'em and then head for the computer to browse 914world.com whilst downing cold ones.

I'm a baaaad Daaaaad. But- don't care.

Have a good weekend!

-Todd
Jenny
Shiner Bock was also really tasty. Introduced to that at the 2001 MUSR.

Jen
drewvw
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 21 2006, 10:45 AM) *

Try this one, It's called a Car Bomb (IRA, get it?)

10 oz. Guinness Extra Stout
1 oz. Jameson's Irish Whiskey
1 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream

Guinness in a large pint glass, mix Jameson and Baileys in shot glass. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness, and slam the whole thing beer3.gif

Taste like Chocolet Cake...

Ahhh the Irish car bomb. The nights I've had where this drink was involved ended pretty messy.... beer3.gif
Dave-O
QUOTE(Jenny @ Apr 21 2006, 12:47 PM) *

Shiner Bock was also really tasty. Introduced to that at the 2001 MUSR.

Jen

agree.gif

There is a bar right down the street owned by some guys from Texas. They have Shiner Bock on tap...$1.50 pints Sunday-Thursday beerchug.gif
Tom Perso
Having one right now...

IPB Image

Need about 5 more.

Tom
Rand
Has anyone had Chimay Ale?
Excellent!
IPB Image
echocanyons
Guiness, Murphys, Beemish or any other stout hell I'll even drink a porter.

But if your in the mmod for something different if you can find it

this is real good
MecGen
I hear ya !

Just finnished a week at the truck garage, and I'm ffrikken thirsty.
I used to be exclusivly a German beer drinker, Beck's was my choice.
I would go again to Germany, if only for the beer, the rest of the euro stuff is a bonus.
My stomac kinda made short work out of my beer choices, now I am stuck with the only beer that doesn't kill me, Corona.
But I am lifting my beer to toast the starter of this thred, any everybody else.

Cheers beer.gif
Part Pricer
Back in the days when drinking and driving was acceptable
Part Pricer
Porsche content
Mike D.
Ahhh Lowenbrau... beer.gif
A sixer of Special dark, started one of my most fondest memories from my 17th year. The Six pac, two girls from Beaumont, and $16 motel on I10 near Vider, TX.
grouphug.gif
But I digress, this is a story that would most likely be deleted from SandBox.... smile.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 21 2006, 04:29 PM) *

A sixer of Special dark, started one of my most fondest memories from my 17th year. The Six pac, two girls from Beaumont, and $16 motel on I10 near Vider, TX.
grouphug.gif
But I digress, this is a story that would most likely be deleted from SandBox.... smile.gif

Hey Mike! Notice how the older we get the better we were?
swood
drooley.gif
Qarl
Anyone from Georgia/SC area ever try this?

IPB Image

The Terrapin Rye Pale Ale was released in Athens, GA in April of 2002 at the Classic City Brew Fest. Six months later this beer which was sold only in Athens was awarded the American Pale Ale Gold Medal at the 2002 Great American Beer Festival, the most prestigious competition in North America.
Series9
www.turtlemountainbrewing.com
Allan
MMmmmm!!!

Efes Biera....

Allan
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 21 2006, 04:29 PM) *

grouphug.gif

Bitch!!!

I was laying in your wet spot??????
brp914
you can pay extra for fancy artwork labels. or you can pay extra for the cache of custom micro brews, but you wont beat Fosters Special. Is this or Bud, thats it. My epiphone there as a bonus f'rinstance.
erikstoll
newcastle and lots of it
Cap'n Krusty
Not to change the subject, but while picking up lunch at Von's today, I encountered a truly horrifying sight. Pabst makes a non-alcoholic beer. One question leaps to mind. WHY?

Think I'll run home and savor a couple of Sudwerk brews to calm my mind and reassure myself all is still right in the world ............ The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.