Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who was having ACE work on their dels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
iirc, you were quoted a price of $65. what exactly were they going to do for that price?

k
Aaron Cox
search delorto drip - should bring up that thread.
rhodyguy
that brings me right to your reply. did you find it young, rich guy?

k
jr91472
It was me. They quoted $65 to simply repair the leak on one carb. If I had requested a rebuilt I believe it was an extra $25.

These guys were really great. The did the work on the same day (a Friday no less) that they received it in the mail. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

oh yea, Dellorto has two LL's - probably why the search didn't work.

good luck
rhodyguy
thanks man. even with the extra $25, it seems to be more than fair. there goes another 2 bills.

k
jr91472
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 21 2006, 09:58 AM) *

thanks man. even with the extra $25, it seems to be more than fair. there goes another 2 bills.

k

werd beer3.gif
rhodyguy
they can put the 34mm venturii in too. wink.gif

k
MarkV
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 21 2006, 10:46 AM) *

they can put the 34mm venturii in too. wink.gif

k

You can change the vents on the car in 1/2 an hour. The problem will be finding vents. I got mine used from the guy on e-bay that has a Dellorto store. He sold me vents, main & idle jets & rebuild kits. He is located in Italy & the parts got to me in less time than the parts I ordered from CB in CALIF.

If you don't have the Dellorto manual, get one. They are easy to work on. Don't send them off unless you have some major problem, like a internal leak.
rhodyguy
and how much did all of that stuff cost you, to include shipping? mine are webers. thanks for the advice, but they will be going on a brand spanking new engine. i'd rather pay to have this one done and not worry about chasing carb issues.

k
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 21 2006, 02:19 PM) *

and how much did all of that stuff cost you, to include shipping? mine are webers. thanks for the advice, but they will be going on a brand spanking new engine. i'd rather pay to have this one done and not worry about chasing carb issues.

k

kev - i also used gabriel (ebay) for my jets etc...

order yuor vents from CB pef or what not.... takes like 10 minutes per carb to change vents....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.