Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm proud of Bebe's roots.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
IPB Image
Mike McGrath
They need to add back the targa bar if it is going to be a real descendent of the 914. Otherwise, it just looks like a Solstice.
tdgray
I like it... as long as it has as much dash as flash dry.gif
Dr. Roger
forget the looks... it's mid-engined!!! YEA!

can you just see it?

an '07 Boxter going head to head with an '07 VW????????????
3d914
Tell me one thing though - why do these designers think everyone wants the top of the door at their chin? UUHHGGG!
Mueller
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Apr 21 2006, 03:30 PM) *

forget the looks... it's mid-engined!!! YEA!

can you just see it?

an '07 Boxter going head to head with an '07 VW????????????

Is it a true mid-engine layout like the 914/Boxster or is more like an MR2 with the motor sitting sideways powering a FWD type transmission???
effutuo101
Is this going to be the new Ghia? I think is is nice. Maybe I can talk my wife into this rather than rebuilding an old one for her as a daily driver.
Sparky
This one has been talked about for a couple of years now, any proof they are actually gonna do it?
ThinAir
They announced this about a year ago and said it would be produced in '07. There hasn't been a word about it since then that I know of. In the meantime there has been a change of leadership at VW. They killed the new MicroBus that was also supposed to be made. I doubt we'll see this make it to production.
Lou W
I'd buy one, it's kinda cool looking. driving.gif
Gustl
V6 mid engine
3189 ccm - 265 PS - 320 Nm

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

looks to be a nice toy rocking nana.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
marks914
QUOTE(3d914 @ Apr 21 2006, 02:39 PM) *

Tell me one thing though - why do these designers think everyone wants the top of the door at their chin? UUHHGGG!

Hell yeah! Every vehicle I have sketched/worked on has had micro sideglass.

The tall belt drives the deep bodysides enabling the proportional correctness of larger wheels.

Mark
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(marks914 @ Apr 22 2006, 07:22 PM) *

The tall belt drives the deep bodysides enabling the proportional correctness of larger wheels.

Mark

Doesn't the high doors have something to do with govment safety regs?
Elliot
Elliot_Cannon
That's one ugly dash.
Elliot
marks914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 22 2006, 08:32 PM) *

QUOTE(marks914 @ Apr 22 2006, 07:22 PM) *

Mark

Doesn't the high doors have something to do with govment safety regs?
Elliot

Nothing to do with side impact. One thing that does drive a more squinty top of glass (brings it down) is the packaging of side curtain airbags.

Mark

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.