Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my first hell hole... what should i do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
randyt914
sawzall-smiley.gif or :welder:Do you think a hell hole repair kit will do? i could use your imput.. thanks..
randyt914
12 views and the cat got all their tongues?? so what do you think people? i know its a late model but is it worthy of a repair?
URY914
Hey its Friday night. Everyone is still at the bar.

Not too bad really. Clean it down to shiny metal and see how bad it really it.
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being bad, thats about a 3-4. You gotta keep the water out of it in the short term so it doesn't get worse.

randyt914
QUOTE(randyt914 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:04 PM) *

12 views and the cat got all their tongues?? so what do you think people? i know its a late model but is it worthy of a repair?

thanks for the info... ill do it and show ya... the rims will go. ill do a 5 lug and repaint but i have no welding experience. guess its time to start.... jsharp.gif thumb3d.gif
watsonrx13
Randy, that's not really that bad, but you need to do a little exploratory research. The battery tray and stand are an easy replacement. These parts are available at restoration-design.com. I've documented the restoration of my car which included replacing the right rear suspension console, engine shelf, battery tray/stand and some minor 'hell-hole' repair.

Here's the link to my site....

If you decide to do the repair yourself, post plenty of pics and any questions you might have, there are enough members to give you good answers and recommendations....

-- Rob
randyt914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:23 PM) *

Randy, that's not really that bad, but you need to do a little exploratory research. The battery tray and stand are an easy replacement. These parts are available at restoration-design.com. I've documented the restoration of my car which included replacing the right rear suspension console, engine shelf, battery tray/stand and some minor 'hell-hole' repair.

Here's the link to my site....

If you decide to do the repair yourself, post plenty of pics and any questions you might have, there are enough members to give you good answers and recommendations....

-- Rob

Thanks again.....what do you think ide pay to have someone come do it? Ill check the price of a hell hole kit and ive seen the bat repair stuff but i thank you again.
r_towle
If you are near McMark, I would suggest that you drive it all summer long, enjoy it..
then bring it to mark with your 5 lug parts..
Have him do the whole thing..hell hole and all.

Rich
Allan
Forget about what you see...

Dig deep and harsh with an ice pick...

If you hit solid metal everywhere but the holes, take a wire brush (on a drill) to it.

Dig as deep as you can, AND pull those rockers....

My car is sucking right now so extract what you need.... owned.gif
Trekkor
do a search on " metal fabbers...report ". wink.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.