Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off road rally car 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
randyt914
i was wondering if anyone has ever heard or made a offroad rally 914? beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
Series9
I've seen factory and user-built.
randyt914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:54 PM) *

I've seen factory and user-built.

got any pictures? driving.gif
Series9
I was just looking. This was the first one I found:
randyt914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Apr 21 2006, 08:01 PM) *

I was just looking. This was the first one I found:

thanks cheers.. ide love to see close ups....do you know about the mods? smiley_notworthy.gif
Series9
Try: www.pbase.com/9146gt/9146_gt_vintage_racing_photos

The server is not responding right now, but there should be some pics there.

A 914 finished 3rd at Monte Carlo in 1971. Look around.
TROJANMAN
biggrin.gif
Qarl
I always wanted to do one of those vintage PanAmerican rallys in a built-up 914!
randyt914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 21 2006, 08:17 PM) *

biggrin.gif

wow
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 21 2006, 08:20 PM) *

I always wanted to do one of those vintage PanAmerican rallys in a built-up 914!

You can't in a 914. slap.gif Teeners are not old enough to run in the Carrera Panamericana.
jsteele22

I took my 914 on a run through the mountains on a road that had 10 or so miles of dirt. It was unbelievable ! Posted speed limits were 20 or so. It felt like I was flying. Then, after the fun was over I looked in the engine bay. Hard to distinguish it from the dirt road itself - that mid engine compartment is a vacuum cleaner.
grantsfo
Not quite off road but close!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
grantsfo
A few more

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
1970 Neun vierzehn
Grant,
NICE pics thumb3d.gif Thanks for sharing. I enjoy seeing a 914 used in "anger" rather than lolling on some manicured lawn getting "ooohhs" and "aaahhs".
merrill
Randy, where in Truckee are you? I am on the West Shore in Ward Valley.
grantsfo
Couple more

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Andyrew
"Can you feel, the rust tonight..."
1970 Neun vierzehn
914 Rallye cars..........."and let there be light(s)!" boldblue.gif thumb3d.gif
randyt914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 22 2006, 03:12 PM) *

914 Rallye cars..........."and let there be light(s)!" boldblue.gif thumb3d.gif

im in east truckee located in juniper hills just above glenshire which is 5 miles east of truckee.. im in the woods... beerchug.gif where are you? i love all the pics and want to have a 4 studded 914 2.0 + for winter ....and summer. i just got a roller and want it to be "winterized" studs all the way around and height maxed.. got any carbs?
McMark
I've seen that jacked up 914 picture a hundred times and this time I finally saw that the car has a V-Mar sticker. The dude lived in Napa and I met him a couple times before I was into 914s. I wonder if he built the car....
merrill
I'm 1 mile from the Sherwood chairlift, and 4 miles from Sunnyside. I would be stoked to lend a hand if needed. I have some tools and 4 jackstands without a car on them! I know right where you are located, my little brother lives on Wellington near the clubhouse. I have only met one other 914 owner in the area, but there is another in Tahoma that I have not had the pleasure of meeting. Feel free to call the # in my signature.
Aaron Cox
check out the flares on this car - SC?
IPB Image
jim_hoyland
Wow! Great pics ! Thanks for posting these
Brando
Sean Anderson and Herschel Riley are making one, last I heard...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.