Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Financing a vehicle purchased on Evil Bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
So what do you do if you want to buy a $30,000 car on Evil Bay and don't have the cash? Do you get preapproved for a loan before you bid or what? Would the bank laugh at you if you walked in and said "so I want to bid on this car on Ebay and I want you to preapprove me for $30,000 so I can bid on it"?
Allan
Would the bank laugh at you if you walked in and said "so I want to bid on this car on Ebay and I want you to preapprove me for $30,000 so I can bid on it"?
[/quote]

Get the cash in hand wether it be from your savings or from the sock under your bed but be ready to pay.....
Ctrout
So does this mean that it's generally only possible to do Ebay purchases with cash and financing is generally not possible? Suck for us poor folk.
GWN7
Most banks want security for any loan. They usually use a "Book" value on the car (if the car isn't listed in the book it's usually too old to be used as security). They also want the serial number of a security car and check to see if there is anyoutstanding loans against it.

Thinking of a silver 914? smile.gif
Lou W
E-bay has its own financing center smile.gif
Ctrout
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 21 2006, 10:00 PM) *

Most banks want security for any loan. They usually use a "Book" value on the car (if the car isn't listed in the book it's usually too old to be used as security). They also want the serial number of a security car and check to see if there is anyoutstanding loans against it.

You selling a silver one that I should be looking at?
Lou W
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Apr 21 2006, 09:07 PM) *

That sure looks like a pretty nice car, I've been watching that one too, but I'm just a lurker. smile.gif
Ctrout
QUOTE(Lou W @ Apr 21 2006, 10:02 PM) *

So I guess I could finance through Ebay to get the car home then refinance it at the more desireable rate with my own bank after I take posession. That would work I guess. Or I could take out a loan against one of my other vehicles provided that it's worth the purchase price of the car I'm buying.
Lou W
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Apr 21 2006, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Lou W @ Apr 21 2006, 10:02 PM) *

So I guess I could finance through Ebay to get the car home then refinance it at the more desireable rate with my own bank after I take posession. That would work I guess. Or I could take out a loan against one of my other vehicles provided that it's worth the purchase price of the car I'm buying.

I noticed their advertisement, I really don't know too much about it, I would think that there must be lenders who loan money on collector cars, maybe an internet search would find some? smile.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Apr 21 2006, 08:07 PM) *

I thought you were thinking of This one....it's at 30K....If i owned it, I wouldn't be selling smile.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 21 2006, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Ctrout @ Apr 21 2006, 08:07 PM) *

I thought you were thinking of This one....it's at 30K....If i owned it, I wouldn't be selling smile.gif

That's the one I liked, but if I were really in the market for one, I'd look seriously at Craigs (Camp914) Black Widow.
grantsfo
How is your credit and do you have assets?
Lou W
I just noticed that, if you scroll further down the page, you'll see that the dealer that is selling that car will finance it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.