Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress on my New Shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
During the week I built a wall to separate an area for my dad's airplane restoration project.
Yesterday I painted half the floor of my shop area, about 1100sf.
This pic is towards the front of the shop. The bathrooms are on the far end along with a "parts" room. My dad's area is to the right, offcamera.
TINCAN914
Did the same thing in my garageat home, Looks sonice and clean, so much so I was pissed off every time it got dirty.... Did you put down anyof the fleck, to keep from slipping? If not any worrries about that?
I put it down for just that reason,would have prefered not to though.
ChrisFoley
This view is from the front of the shop. The overhead door goes to an unused loading dock out back. The furnace room is on the left side at the back, and the (huge) office is behind the wall on the left. I started cutting into the office wall for a door and discovered 7" wide studs. wacko.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bmunday @ Apr 23 2006, 09:26 AM) *

Did the same thing in my garageat home, Looks sonice and clean, so much so I was pissed off every time it got dirty.... Did you put down anyof the fleck, to keep from slipping? If not any worrries about that?
I put it down for just that reason,would have prefered not to though.
I didn't use any color chips or aggregate. The floor has enough texture from usage and I'm keeping the epoxy layer thin to save $$ so I don't expect it to feel too slippery, except if there's an oil spill.
guywan914
beerchug.gif Chris, the shop is looking great, almost makes me wish we were still there.
crash914
Chris, looks good!!

but shouldn't you be sticking pipes together?

just kidding...the shop will be real nice with 914's on jackstands....
Jeroen
very nice!!!
Sparky
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 23 2006, 09:21 AM) *

The bathrooms are on the far end along with a "parts" room.

Bathroom?! screwy.gif We can't pee between the buildings and the trailer anymore?

Good to see it's coming along!

My best,
Mike D. drunk.gif
So.Cal.914

I built a audio and video recording studio in Palm Spring's. I decided to use a two part oil based epoxy coating on the floor their, it was only slippery when something was spilt on it. smoke.gif
MecGen
Hey Man
Thats a sweet ass shop ! I am in a renovation project at my shop, you might want to look into the local "fire codes" for separation walls. I was a little surprised on what are the minimum requirements are for the insurance companies. Just looking out for ya !
Thumbs up for your Dad ! smilie_pokal.gif What kinda plane is he doing ? A close friend of mine is in the airplane trade.

+Karma
Later

beerchug.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I did the same thing in my garage. You don't need a creeper under the car. Just wear an old shirt and slide around on your back. You can also move large heavy objects around on the floor. Just put a large towel under it and push it around. Nice shop.

Cheers, Elliot
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(MecGen @ Apr 23 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Hey Man
Thats a sweet ass shop ! I am in a renovation project at my shop, you might want to look into the local "fire codes" for separation walls. I was a little surprised on what are the minimum requirements are for the insurance companies. Just looking out for ya !
Thumbs up for your Dad ! smilie_pokal.gif What kinda plane is he doing ? A close friend of mine is in the airplane trade.

+Karma
Later

beerchug.gif
The wall between my dad's space and mine is really just a partition to help keep my dust off his clean aluminum, and a place for me to hang some shelves. If it was a real wall it would probably have to have double sheetrock on both sides or something like that.
My dad is slowly restoring a Ryan ST-A. Nearly every part on the thing is being replaced, with him doing all the metal and wood fabrication. I just hope he gets it done before he's too old to fly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.