Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 saved me from a trip to the Hospital
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
So I had the house tented for termites on Thursday. When this is done the gas company comes and shuts off thhe gas. I point this out, because I don't know if for some odd reason I gas guy, or the termite guy's cranked the shut off valce down or not.? Can't imagine why they wouldneed to. We came back yesterday afternoon and started cleaning the house. The termite guy told me to lake sure and leave the top off and the trunks open on the 914 so I don't get a face full of gas when I open them upon my return. Ok sounds like a good idea.
The gas guy comes over and hooks us back up, a couple hours later I go to check on the car.

So I'm in the garage making sure they didn't damage my baby.I close the front trunk, look around the car, proceed to the back of the car and I'm lookin at the rear trunk, and as I'm checking it out, ( all in about 2 minutes)WHAM!!! the shut off valve comes flying off the water heater (plastic) and scalding water comes flying out, pressure was enough for some of the water to come flying out and hits the garage door (opposite side of the garage), and in to the car although limited amount, scared the s**t out of me. (thinking swiftley) I run to the shut off valve and crank it down. My car is covered with what resembles sawdust. All I could think of was man if it wasn't for the teener, I might have been riding in the back of an ambulance headed for the ER...
Got the car cleaned off, no damage, and two hours later, new shut off valve, and the floor is clean. Thank god for the mighty 914..... pray.gif pray.gif She saved me some hospital time...
Allan
Like a faithful dog.

Took a bullet for you....
TINCAN914
Seems that way Allan. A minute earlier, that hot water would have been on my back.
Allan
What do you think caused it to fail?
TINCAN914
I don't know.. I was wondering if the gas guy cranked it down, though I can't imagine why he would. I amjust guessing it was age. THe add thing is the screw that hold the handle on, looks brand new, when the valve is weathered. Just odd it happened an hour or so after he left...
Thank god my boys 4 & 11 were not in front of it when it went...
lagunero
ohmy.gif Wow!

My 914 only saves me from getting a speeding ticket.
TINCAN914

biggrin.gif Yes so does mine..

QUOTE(lagunero @ Apr 23 2006, 08:36 AM) *

ohmy.gif Wow!

My 914 only saves me from getting a speeding ticket.

eg914
lagunero and bmuday,

You need to find a steeper (down) hill !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.