Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Paypal phishing scam.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
here is the content.....

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# April 19, 2006: We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

checked my account and there was no activity listed and have access to all areas of the account. forwarded the email to paypal and did not click on any of the links in the message. just a heads up.

cheers.

scott
KaptKaos
I got one the other day that was kinda neat. It was an ebay email, with a complaint from a buyer, asking where their stuff that they had bought was and that if I didn't contact them, they'd post negative feedback. Of course, the links were to phising sites.

Anyway, any legitimate PayPal email will have your full name at the top.
jd66921
I got one from my credit union. Funny thing was that it waslegitimate!

THey wanted me to chose a new PIN number. In the process, I had to
enter my old one. I immediately called the credit union, and they said the
message was right. When I told them it was a terrible way to do it,
they were unconcerned. Crazy!
DBCooper
I get at least ten of those a day, PayPal, Ebay, Chase Bank, BofA, on and on. Removed from context they all look pretty legit, but when they're just one of ten others it's pretty obvious they're bogus. Lots of them have a "go to" link that impregnates your machine with spyware, or worse. Be careful, use protection.
morph
Forward it to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com and then delete it. I get several phishing emails a week.

Hiedi
Bigbohr
Anybody else getting fake Ebay second chance offers? At least they look fake to me. Second chance offer is an existing ebay feature, but if the offer doesn't appear in your Myebay messages its bogus. Got several of those recently.
It says: "To purchase this item please contact the seller by replying to this email message". Sure ...!
neo914-6
QUOTE(Bigbohr @ Apr 23 2006, 11:41 AM) *

Anybody else getting fake Ebay second chance offers? At least they look fake to me. Second chance offer is an existing ebay feature, but if the offer doesn't appear in your Myebay messages its bogus. Got several of those recently.
It says: "To purchase this item please contact the seller by replying to this email message". Sure ...!

I got one from a eBay member but no item #. It was a legit seller who's item I had casually watched, but NOT bid. How could he get my address? confused24.gif

BTW, phishing is getting more clever everyday...it's not good for the legit emails that we suspect and ignore.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Paul Illick @ Apr 23 2006, 09:43 AM) *

I get at least ten of those a day, PayPal, Ebay, Chase Bank, BofA, on and on. Removed from context they all look pretty legit, but when they're just one of ten others it's pretty obvious they're bogus. Lots of them have a "go to" link that impregnates your machine with spyware, or worse. Be careful, use protection.

Ditto. And thost are ones that get past my various anti-spam measures -- which collect even more that I don't see!

The mafia ain't what it used to be...now they're just pathetic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.