Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper switch assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Trying to swap my bad wiper assenbly with a replacement someone sent me.

The problem is, the new one has 2 extra wires and because of this the connector is bigger and wont slide into the column.

Can I modify it and get ris od the extra wires?

I'm guessing they are for intermittent and electric pump.

Old
Allan
New

Allan
Update.

I traced the extra 2 wires and they were for an electric pump. Got rid of them and then I was able to swap over the connector housing and everything went in fine.

Only problem, the wipers still don't work. headbang.gif

Is there a relay that goes bad?

All the fuses are good.
Aaron Cox
oh you suck.... ive been looking for one that supports a pump and you kill it.

bust out der haynes manual
Allan
[quote name='Aaron Cox' date='Apr 23 2006, 11:42 AM' post='665687']
oh you suck.... ive been looking for one that supports a pump and you kill it.

I don't know how you would get it to work without doing some serious mods on either the assembly or the console housing plus you would have to change out the connector going into the harness under the dash.

Not something I would wanna try. blink.gif
Allan
Okay, all back together.

I didn't screw around trying to get the wipers to work but at least I fixed the potential fire problem.

Got rid of the 944 steering wheel while I was at it...

ThinAir
On my '73 the relay is the round relay at the far left that is mounted to the top side of the fuse box. My wipers stopped working for awhile and putting a new relay here fixed my problem.
Qarl
Yes... that is the typical 924 wiper with the extra wires for the pump.

You did correct in switching over the plastic housings to get it to fit. You can use the extra wires for the electric pump or to activate passenger ejection device.

If you wipers stopped working a) fuse cool.gif relay c) you put the wires back in the incorrect order

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.